One Captivate, Two Iphone 4

This is a discussion on One Captivate, Two Iphone 4 within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; My wife and step-son wanted new phones, specifically Iphones, but I kept refusing until AT&T got the Captivate. At last, an Android phone that looks ...

Thread: One Captivate, Two Iphone 4

Cool One Captivate, Two Iphone 4

My wife and step-son wanted new phones, specifically Iphones, but I kept refusing until AT&T got the Captivate. At last, an Android phone that looks as good as the Operating System it runs. I like the looks and contours of the Captivate better than the Iphone. The only thing I don't like is that AT&T chose to disable (or not install) the front-facing camera. There are three apertures on the front of the Captivate. I've heard one is for sensing ambient light levels, one is for sensing proximity (to tell when the phone is near your head) and the third, I assume is/was the front-facing camera. Does anyone know if it is indeed a front-facing camera and is it software or hardware disabled? I dream of using Tango with my wife on her Iphone and me on my Captivate with a front-facing camera. My wife gives me grief for not getting an Iphone because hers has a front-facing camera. Nonetheless, the more I help my wife with her Iphone, the more I love my Captivate. I hope to learn how to use my Captivate to it's fullest, that's why I'm here.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    There's no camera, sorry. It's physically not there. If it were just disabled, XDA would have already had it re-enabled. It would make it the perfect phone though, I agree. Maybe that's what's going to be revealed at Samsung's upcoming press conference. Some think they'll be the OEM for the new Nexus phone, but I think regardless... the phone will have dual cameras, and probably Gingerbread 2.3. I'm already running 2.2 FroYo on my Captivate, courtesy of Cognition by DesignGears. It's really nice, especially with the lag fix, and color adjustments enabled. I've actually started to PREFER watching movies on my Captivate because of the insane picture quality and INFINITE contrast ratio. And I don't care what anyone says... 4.3" screen is just too big. The Captivate's 4" is just perfect.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links