hey, i need a little bit of help..

This is a discussion on hey, i need a little bit of help.. within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; i am trying to root my Motorola Backflip and i'm going off this guys videos, http://www.youtube.com/user/lokiselo93 i've tried this on 3 computers now and it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey, i need a little bit of help..

Unhappy hey, i need a little bit of help..

i am trying to root my Motorola Backflip and i'm going off this guys videos, http://www.youtube.com/user/lokiselo93
    i've tried this on 3 computers now and it isn't working.. :/ and i just realized that when i type in the codes to "cmd" it says "cannot stat (code....rageagainstthecage....) no such file or directory" and on the second $ code it says the same thing.. the only places that come up with an error like this are when it says to do something with "rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin" PLEASE HELP..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What help do you want? There are step-by-step instructions here and here.

If you want to post a screenshot of what exactly you are trying to do we can see where you are going wrong. Otherwise, the process works.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    What help do you want? There are step-by-step instructions here and here.

If you want to post a screenshot of what exactly you are trying to do we can see where you are going wrong. Otherwise, the process works.
    i got to the # now but when i type up "/data/local/tmp/install-root.sh" it comes up. what did i do wrong?
    Name:  PB110506.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  32.6 KB

Actually.... before you go any further, what are you reasons for rooting? I see that you haven't yet upgraded to 2.1. Are you planning to install a custom ROM? Or are you just wanting to have root and to remove some of the pre-installed apps?

If you are just wanting to remove some of the pre-installed apps, I would suggest to go ahead and upgrade to Android 2.1 before you go any further, since you will lose access and have to re-root after upgrading anyway. You can go here to upgrade.

Otherwise, I'm not sure you should get any output there. Been awhile. Do you have the Superuser app in the apptray? Try launching an app which requires root and see if you get the request for root permissions.

well i heard rooting is like jailbreaking but for an android as in you can get apps free is that true??

No. Of all the reasons to root your phone, "free apps" is the stupidest reason you could give. And no, you do not need to root the phone to install non-market apps, legitimately free or otherwise.

If that is your only reason for attempting to root your phone, just go ahead and upgrade your phone to 2.1 with the link I provided earlier and then search for how to install non-market apps.

thats not my only reason. i actually found that out after i started rooting it.

i finished the root. it work and then i got the 2.1 and now i cant root my phone. can you please help.. ive tried so many times. and every time i do exactly what i did last time. it says and shows the same things as last time besides when i open an app like "wireless Tether" for example the superuser request doesnt come up. and on "wireless tether" it says "i do not have all the things needed for this app" (something like that) and when i type "su" into connect bot it says "cannot link executable"

You lost root when you upgraded to 2.1. You will have to re-root the phone.

i tried to re-root but it wont let me.. it seems like its working and it seems like its fine but when i try opening wireless tether (because thats an app i know asks to allow or deny) the allow or deny screen doesnt come up. i will try to take shots of it tonight when i try again.. thanks.. and sorry for all the questions and posts.. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links