New Lost Captivate user -- what are those icons in upper left corner?

This is a discussion on New Lost Captivate user -- what are those icons in upper left corner? within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I am a long time RAZR user who decided to make the switch to a Captivate. I am still trying to set up my phone. ...

Thread: New Lost Captivate user -- what are those icons in upper left corner?

New Lost Captivate user -- what are those icons in upper left corner?

I am a long time RAZR user who decided to make the switch to a Captivate. I am still trying to set up my phone. I finally got connected to the n/w today. I downloaded a user manual but cannot find out what the icons in the upper right hand corner are. There are 2 of them that are the same. They look like a msg envelope with a checkmark under it and 3 straight lines under the checkmark. I really feel stupid!

Also, is there a way to set up my email as an icon on the main pg or appl pg? I use hotmail not gmail.

Can someone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try taking a look at Hotmail Enables POP3 for US Users supposedly Hotmail has enabled POP3 access. If true you should be able to pull down messages to your phone.

As to what the icons are, I'm not sure. Can you try taking a picture of the screen to post here?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Try taking a look at Hotmail Enables POP3 for US Users supposedly Hotmail has enabled POP3 access. If true you should be able to pull down messages to your phone.

As to what the icons are, I'm not sure. Can you try taking a picture of the screen to post here?
    I had dinner last evening with friends who have androids. I found out that the icons were notifications of my downloads and messages. DUH!!!! Anyway, thanks for getting back to me. P.S. I can now get my email too.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links