Site Assistance: Remember Me Box

This is a discussion on Site Assistance: Remember Me Box within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Is it possible to get the remember me box enabled for the log in? I hate having to log in every time I come to ...

Thread: Site Assistance: Remember Me Box

Site Assistance: Remember Me Box

Is it possible to get the remember me box enabled for the log in? I hate having to log in every time I come to the site..
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Always works for me... Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies?

What works for you? The remember me box? It doesnt exist. It was edited out of the template from the looks of it. Yes cookies are enabled and this is the only site with the problem. All other IPB and vB forums work fine.

WERA689
    I guess what I meant is that once I log in here, I'm automatically logged in each successive time I open the site. Unless I log out, I stay in. :confused:

I don't see anything you can change in your settings, either.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Log out. Go to the default landing page for the site, not the forums. Notice the login box on the right side, and you'll see the Username, Password, and the "Remember Me" checkbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Log out. Go to the default landing page for the site, not the forums. Notice the login box on the right side, and you'll see the Username, Password, and the "Remember Me" checkbox.

What Dorian said.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

WERA689
    How did I not know that? :confused:

Thats great if my bookmark took me to the portal, but I dont want to go to the portal just to have to click the remember me box. I was hopping to get the box on the forum index log in area.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    Thats great if my bookmark took me to the portal, but I dont want to go to the portal just to have to click the remember me box. I was hopping to get the box on the forum index log in area.
    I don't get it? You only have to visit the landing page once, and when you log in there, you're logged in site wide until you MANUALLY log yourself out.

I don't get it? You only have to visit the landing page once, and when you log in there, you're logged in site wide until you MANUALLY log yourself out.
    The point is, it would be convenient to have it on the actual index rather then the portal because when I do clear my cookies, and I come back to the site, my bookmark is set to come straight to the forums and bypass the portal. This means I will have to either adjust the bookmark or manually go back to the portal to log in if I want to check the remember me box. Its strange that the template would have it removed in the first place. I have worked on vBulletin forums dating back to the 3.0 series over 5 years ago and can not recall the last time I saw a premade or custom template with this removed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links