Google voice problem

This is a discussion on Google voice problem within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi all. I am trying to set up Google. Voice on my new captivate. When I dial *004*xxxxxxxxxx# I get the message "call forwarding rejected. ...

Thread: Google voice problem

Google voice problem

Hi all. I am trying to set up Google. Voice on my new captivate. When I dial *004*xxxxxxxxxx# I get the message "call forwarding rejected. Conditionally for all basic services" I called att and they said call forwarding is active on my phone. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you had previously forwarded your calls to Google Voice on a previous phone your calls are probably still forwarded. That may be the cause of the error.

Also, I would suggest for you to install the Google Voice app on your Captivate.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Nevermind got it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Idomeneus View Post
    Nevermind got it. Thanks

How did you fix it? AT&T and I are both stumped???

Stumped about what?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Stumped about what?
    Whenever I try to update my forwarding options (**004*xxxxxxxxxx#), I get the error "call forwarding rejected. Conditionally for all basic services". Called AT&T, and they could forward my calls, but I can't do it from the handset, and i tried on 4 different phones. Took it to the store, they gave me a new sim, same problem.

Yours is the only post I can find that has had the same problem. Idomeneus posted "nevermind got it" and I was wondering what the solution was? Nobody seems to have any ideas. Any time I want to change my call forwarding, I have to call AT&T. :mad:

Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymule View Post
    Whenever I try to update my forwarding options (**004*xxxxxxxxxx#), I get the error "call forwarding rejected. Conditionally for all basic services". Called AT&T, and they could forward my calls, but I can't do it from the handset, and i tried on 4 different phones. Took it to the store, they gave me a new sim, same problem.

Yours is the only post I can find that has had the same problem. Idomeneus posted "nevermind got it" and I was wondering what the solution was? Nobody seems to have any ideas. Any time I want to change my call forwarding, I have to call AT&T. :mad:

Thanks.
    I think you need to speak to an AT&T tech. What you describe is a problem with your account. When your phone gives you the message that "call forwarding rejected. Conditionally for all basic services" it's usually a network services provisioning error. What that means is that there is some kind of error or problem on your account that prevents the network software from providing you basic forwarding abilities. Also have you tried changing forwarding options from the menu settings? Settings-->Call Settings-->then select the type of call you want to forward....

I FINALLY got thru to someone knowledgeable, and told them I suspected a "provisioning error" (thanks Dorian!) and had them "check the tower side as well".

Turns out call forwarding was not enabled on my account. Not sure why nobody else could figure that out the other times i called. but thanks for the help. it works now!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links