Intro to the forum

This is a discussion on Intro to the forum within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello everyone My name is Bob, I've been a long time customer of AT&T. I recently replaced my Blackberry Curve with the new HTC Inspire ...

Thread: Intro to the forum

Intro to the forum

Hello everyone
    My name is Bob, I've been a long time customer of AT&T. I recently replaced my Blackberry Curve with the new HTC Inspire 4G.
    This is my first Android phone, the functionality and user-friendliness are excellent, but the battery is the worst I've ever experienced.
    Here is an example of what I'm talking about: 8:00PM to 10:00 PM every evening I ensure that the phone is fully charged and disconnected from the outlet or USB, and turned off by the time I go to sleep.
    About 07:00 AM the next morning, turn the phone back on, left on idle for the most part, and by 10:00 AM, the battery is almost empty.
    Keep in mind that I've only had this phone for one week, and it has been replaced already once. I love the phone, but this power usage cannot be sustained. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem with this brand, or is it just a coincidence that I've so far gotten two bad units in a row? Before I return the phone I would like to find some answers.
    Could anyone please help?
    Regards,
    Bob

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Welcome Bob. Sorry to hear of your woes.

There are many tricks you can employ to lower your battery usage, and it's also been noted that most of these batteries improve their charge lives after a few cycles of charging.

For the tricks, make sure you have the screen brightness on lowest or auto; turn off GPS and Bluetooth unless you're using them; look for apps that stay running...like news widgets and such. Take a look at your battery usage stats from the menus, and see if something is using an inordinate amount of power. When I leave the house, I generally turn off wifi, so it doesn't use battery searching for a signal to lock onto.

That should get you started towards getting to the bottom of your battery problems. And by all means, ask about anything that you're uncertain about. Android is very different than BB, in many ways. It takes a little time to get used to the differences. We're here to help.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Except for turning off the wifi feature when not at home, I've implemented all the other steps you've suggested. I'll wait a while to see if there are any improvements before I take any drastic measures. To be honest, I really like the phone, and am willing to be a bit more tolerant than usual.
    Best Regards
    Bob

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links