Hello, new person looking to escape the iPhone

This is a discussion on Hello, new person looking to escape the iPhone within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; I'm rapidly approaching the March 28th date when I can get a new phone to replace my iPhone 3GS. Definitely going to an Android phone. ...

Thread: Hello, new person looking to escape the iPhone

Hello, new person looking to escape the iPhone

I'm rapidly approaching the March 28th date when I can get a new phone to replace my iPhone 3GS. Definitely going to an Android phone. I want the freedom and a bigger screen.

I'm really stuck though on which one to get. I've definitely ruled out the Atrix -- seems to have too many problems and it is only a 4" screen. What I'm really wondering is if I should wait for the Samsung Infuse 4G to come out or go with the HTC Inspire 4G when my time comes up.

Spec-wise, I think I should wait for the Infuse. The bigger screen, faster processor and what appears to be better battery life all say to go with that one. However, I hear that HTC's Sense interface is much better than Samsung's TouchWiz. Also the experience with Samsung getting upgrades on the Captivate leaves me questioning whether or not I want to go with Samsung.

I would welcome any help/advice those more experienced with Android phones can give me.

Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    I'd have to say to go with the Inspire, of the choices you listed. However, I have the Atrix, and it doesn't really have as many problems as you seem to think it does. The ones it does have seem to be due to AT&T, and would affect the Inspire as well. Bottom line is that AT&T is not presently making their "4G" service available, and it won't matter which 4G phone you get, until they DO provide it, none of the new phones will be able to perform to the level they are represented to. Many of the 'lockdowns' built into the Atrix are easily defeated by a very simple root process, which enables sideloading of non-market apps and allows tethering...the only really notable restrictions, IMHO.

The build quality of both Motorola and HTC is exemplary (I have a Nexus One, as well). Both are very well made and solid in performance. That said, I have no experience with either Sense or TouchWiz. The MotoBlur on the Atrix is easily hidden by using an alternative launcher, such as ADW or LauncherPro.

Good luck making your decision, and please let us know what you end up with. And welcome to our community.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links