newbie with issues

This is a discussion on newbie with issues within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi I'm new and have a Samsung Captivate. i'm here because of issues with the phone. If you want me to post it on a ...

Thread: newbie with issues

Unhappy newbie with issues

Hi I'm new and have a Samsung Captivate. i'm here because of issues with the phone. If you want me to post it on a different area that's fine. I have updated to 2.2 but now am having issues with the phone "obtaining IP address." I've read some of the forums that this is common.. what can I do?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

WERA689
    Welcome, musictatter...from GA to GA! I would think your issue is with your wifi router not functioning as a DNS server. If it's configured to do so, it should assign an IP address to your phone as soon as it detects it. Also, make sure you've correctly entered your security password/phrase when you first access the wifi network. If these don't help, post more details in the Captivate Tech section, and I'm sure someone who has the Samsung will chime in for ya.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links