From Nokia and Palm Pilot to Palm Pre to BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note

This is a discussion on From Nokia and Palm Pilot to Palm Pre to BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hello everyone, as you can see, my path to Android has been an interesting one. If Palm would still be readily available with top-notch models, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cali
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: From Nokia and Palm Pilot to Palm Pre to BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note

From Nokia and Palm Pilot to Palm Pre to BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note

Hello everyone,

as you can see, my path to Android has been an interesting one. If Palm would still be readily available with top-notch models, I would still have Palm.

A friend convinced me that BlackBerry could do everything the Palm could, so I bought the Curve. Big Mistake!
    I LOVED the calendar system and desktop component, and had a wonderful, huge, colour-coded address book, which got dumped into the BlackBerry system.
    I have great hopes for the Android world in terms of offering a sophisticated calendar and contact system.

I got the Note 6 weeks ago, at the end of April (2012), when felt like a Techno-Luddite, switching from clicking to swiping, trying to make it work for me.
    (I have a reputation to uphold! I am known as the Gadget Queen! Unfortunately, there are very few Geeks in my age category, nearing retirement . . . )

I'm doing pretty good with the Contacts section, and games and books. I LOVE the alarm system, with its optional type and tone, snooze and smart, and multiple alarm times.
    I like the calendar, but there are sync problems with Google calendar: sometimes not syncing, sometimes wiping out entries! - Is there a better system?

I still have to figure out if it is better to stick with the default email system, or if it can be efficient to use Mozilla, both for browsing and email (as on my desktop).
    (This is how I ended up registering here: I was looking for an answer in my quest for the Draft folder!)

It's a steep learning Curve (Hah! Too bad, BlackBerry!), so I'll be a regular visitor and questioning contributor.
    (I was actually looking for a Note Forum, but ended up here!)

Greetings from beautiful Nova Scotia!

P.S. Is this forum still active? I just noticed that the other entries are from 2010 and 2011 . . .

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the site. Encourage people to start their individual intro threads. That way, the first thread does not get unwieldy. Looking forward to seeing you around here often!
    Dutchie likes this.

Yes this forum is still active. We have sister forums which are dedicated to many of the phones listed here. You may want to check out the note here - Samsung Galaxy Forum - Galaxy S2 Forum as one of the Rescue Squad guys has the International version of the Note and is quite expert at diagnosing problems and giving solutions. His name is Ollie, BTW.
    Dutchie likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I was brought to this thread by an email notification regarding someone (Dutchie) who has just joined the site. I don't see the post - and the latest post seems to be March 2011. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!!

The Note is a great device on many levels! Look forward to seeing ya around the forum!
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbawn View Post
    I was brought to this thread by an email notification regarding someone (Dutchie) who has just joined the site. I don't see the post - and the latest post seems to be March 2011. Am I doing something incorrectly?
    The post was moved into it's own thread here... From Nokia and Palm Pilot to Palm Pre to BlackBerry to Samsung Galaxy Note
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

Welcome and great device

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links