New to Android

This is a discussion on New to Android within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, My old phone slipped out of my shirt pocket and into the pool. Been thinking about a better phone for a while. Visited ATT ...

Thread: New to Android

New to Android

Hi, My old phone slipped out of my shirt pocket and into the pool. Been thinking about a better phone for a while. Visited ATT website and found refurb Fusion gophone (huawei U8652) on sale $69.00. Figured it would be an affordable way to learn about android. Placed the order, then started research. phone arrived in 3 days. Transferred SIM and upgraded to 16gb mini sd card. Struggled with trying to find detailed info on Fusion and how to root it. Finally stumbled on unlockroot.com. Worked like a charm. What a difference. Phone really took off, it was almost to fast. installed titanium backup and rom manager. disabled data, just using wifi. Works great at home and hotspots(Safeway,Walmart,HomeDepot) Considering switching to straight talk for unlimited everything. Toyed with the idea of flashing cyanogen but it is not officially supported, just a few xperimental rom versions out there for huawei sonic. Just not confident about the result so I'll wait a bit. Only disappointment was that some apps I was interested in are not supported on this device. Don't know why, Play store just issues a warning and says it won't work. Still learning about android, thinking about android tablet now. Recommendations are welcome.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    The beatings will continue until moral improves...my new motto for work!
    Droid X Specific Site: www.droidxforums.com

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum. Word to the wise....do not flash anything that isn't specifically for your device or you may end up with a 69 dollar brick.
    Good luck and enjoy! :D

tap'n

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links