Problem with Norton on My Lenovo Tablet

This is a discussion on Problem with Norton on My Lenovo Tablet within the Introductions & Site Assistance forums, part of the Android Discussions category; Hi, I am new to and this is my first post. I am also very new to Android OS and Tablets , but I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cali
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: Problem with Norton on My Lenovo Tablet

Problem with Norton on My Lenovo Tablet

Hi, I am new to and this is my first post. I am also very new to Android OS and Tablets, but I am working with computers right from 1987 using DOS, Unix and Windows platforms.

Few weeks ago I bought a Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A which was launched very recently. It was preloaded with Norton Tablet Security with one months subscription free with monthly renewal option only. So near the end of the month I purchased a 1-year subscription from Norton website online, downloaded, installed and activated it. The subscription period showed 367 days left, probably because 2-days where still valid from the pre-installed one month subscription.

Trouble started when I tried to update the virus definitions next day. I got a prompt "There is a newer version available, upgrade?" I clicked on "YES" and Nortons Mobile Security for tablets downloaded. While installing, it asked permission to uninstall the last version installed, which I gave and it showed "Uninstall successful". Then it gave a message "Another installation of Nortns Tablet Security is found, need to uninstall it" as I clicked on "yes" and got a message "Un-install Unsuccessful!". The preinstalled "Norton Tablet Security" showed "Subscription expired" and Norton Mobile Security for Tablets showed "Free version" !!! The only option left for me was to uninstall it and re-install my purchased Norton Tablet Security" and re-activate with the Authorization Key, which I did.

Now every time I try to update the virus definitions, I get a prompt to install the newer version "Norton Mobile Security for Tablets" which I decline then I get a message "Update unsuccessful and not installed"!!! I posted the problem at Nortons website but never got a reply. I could not find any group for Lenovo Tablets with Android OS in

I shall be grateful if any of the forum members can help me regarding this. I am a visitor from India, I come to USA every year for 2 to 3 months to visit my friends and relatives who are US citizens. I am going back on Novenber 13th. By profession I am a mechanical Engineering graduate, with hobbies - like Audio electronics, Aeromodelling, photography and I travel around the World a lot, that is why I bought this tablet to avoid carrying around my heavy Note Book PC but now I am having doubts whether I did the right thing!

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

329 times
    Welcome to the site. Don't understand why Norton customer service does not respond. You should continue to try to contact them, perhaps by phone. Good luck with this.
    ranabirghosh likes this.

Cleveland, Ohio - the North Coast, Baby!
    519 times
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum!
    ranabirghosh likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links