Found a case for the LG Ally

This is a discussion on Found a case for the LG Ally within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; [attachment=1:lg_vx740_prot_holster1.jpg] Found this case for the LG Ally, what do you guys think? I've always like the soft silicone cases for my phones, but I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a case for the LG Ally

[attachment=1:lg_vx740_prot_holster1.jpg]

Found this case for the LG Ally, what do you guys think?

I've always like the soft silicone cases for my phones, but I know they don't work too well on sliders. So I guess a hard plastic type case would be best. If you guys come accross anymore cases, please post them.

Also came across this site for LG Ally Accessories they seem to list a buch of stuff for the Ally.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The only problem I have with cases like this (and on the Droid) is that the hard case covers sometimes get in the ways of the keys.

I bought the case you are showing in the picture got it home and thought it over and I like the look of the Ally to much to cover it up so I am going to return it and just get one that the phone clips into when im not using it. I did get a package of screen protectors so I was happy there because the web site was out of them. Wow friday can't get here fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by dchirch View Post
    I bought the case you are showing in the picture got it home and thought it over and I like the look of the Ally to much to cover it up so I am going to return it and just get one that the phone clips into when im not using it. I did get a package of screen protectors so I was happy there because the web site was out of them. Wow friday can't get here fast enough

have you used those screen protectors before? I was looking at those but wondered what it did to the actual screen - residue? scratch it up? or is it like a colorform material and just self-sticks and removes easily and leaves no damage? does it affect the screen's responsiveness in any negative manner?

Intri, they are a good idea. Your answers are, no residue no scratching yes and then no. They are a very thin clear film of plastic that has no adhesive, they stick using a static charge. They are tricky to put on correctly, in the right spot, no air bubbles, no dust underneath. But once installed, they're great. No effect on the screen, protects from scratches and you can pull them off if you want to. There are good ones from Verizon, and Zagg. You can install them "wet" or "dry" each has benefits but both require a little practice first. If I could type like you, I'd tell ya how it's done!..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Intri, they are a good idea. Your answers are, no residue no scratching yes and then no. They are a very thin clear film of plastic that has no adhesive, they stick using a static charge. They are tricky to put on correctly, in the right spot, no air bubbles, no dust underneath. But once installed, they're great. No effect on the screen, protects from scratches and you can pull them off if you want to. There are good ones from Verizon, and Zagg. You can install them "wet" or "dry" each has benefits but both require a little practice first. If I could type like you, I'd tell ya how it's done!..lol

you did an excellent job ty

JLC
    Has anybody tried the case from Body Glove? Website From the description, it's a hardshell wrapped with a glove material. I'm just wondering how much thicker the glove material makes it compared to the hard cover Verizon sells. The "kickstand" feature using the removable clip looks kind of neat (click on the Instuctions tap on the above website).

I ordered the blue case (picture attached) from Verizon when Iordered my phone. Is anyone using one like it? If so, do you have any trouble accessing any of the buttons? My phone and case will be here tomorrow and I'll know for myself then.

Also, Verizon has a slicone case that comes in black or HOT pink (I mean really hot pink!). Has anyone tried one of those?

UPDATE: I bought the blue case and while it is a sharp looking case, I have two problems with it. First, it's very difficult to remove! It snaps on very tight, which is good until you have to remove the battery! Second, it is a very slick, smooth plastic so it is pretty slippery, especially if your hand is damp. I've ordered the silicone case in black from Verizon and will have it next week.

UPDATE: The Body Glove case as sold by Verizon does not come with the kickstand belt clip. Body Glove said Verizon has chosen not to sell the case with the kickstand.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    Has anybody tried the case from Body Glove? Website From the description, it's a hardshell wrapped with a glove material. I'm just wondering how much thicker the glove material makes it compared to the hard cover Verizon sells. The "kickstand" feature using the removable clip looks kind of neat (click on the Instuctions tap on the above website).

I ordered the blue case (picture attached) from Verizon when I[b] ordered my phone. Is anyone using one like it? If so, do you have any trouble accessing any of the buttons? My phone and case will be here tomorrow and I'll know for myself then.

Also, Verizon has a slicone case that comes in black or [b]HOT pink (I mean really hot pink!). Has anyone tried one of those?

UPDATE: I bought the blue case and while it is a sharp looking case, I have two problems with it. First, it's very difficult to remove! It snaps on very tight, which is good until you have to remove the battery! Second, it is a very slick, smooth plastic so it is pretty slippery, especially if your hand is damp. I've ordered the silicone case in black from Verizon and will have it next week.

UPDATE: The Body Glove case as sold by Verizon [b]does not come with the kickstand belt clip. Body Glove said Verizon has chosen not to sell the case with the kickstand.

I have the snap on case in pink. I wanted something that was more of a magenta color, and thought I'd be disappointed when I saw the package, (I wanted it to be noticeable amongst my hubby's stuff ) but it looks dark on the phone itself which I like.

I really wanted the hard case because on my blackberry, I only ever used a silicone one and it did nothing to protect it. I was worried that the case would get in the way of the qwerty keyboard, but I have no complaints thus far!

pmd
    I have the same one it is like impossible to take the back part off

I did not want to add this to the pile until I checked it out and used it for a couple of weeks. I ordered and love the LG VS740 Ally Commuter Series Case by Otter Box. The site is:

http://www.otterbox.com/lg-vs740-all...r-series-case/

I saw a friend have it on another smartphone and saw that it did not interfer with the phone but still gave it a moderate level of protection. Obviously it is not water tight but it is tough enough for me in my field of work as I am in the field daily and it can't add a lot of weight or mass to the size of the phone. The Otter Box does it for me and I recommend it to others.

BEAR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links