Display / charging cradle,....

This is a discussion on Display / charging cradle,.... within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi all, was looking at the Verizon site and noticed they have a charging cradle for the Ally that you just put the phone in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Display / charging cradle,....

Hi all, was looking at the Verizon site and noticed they have a charging cradle for the Ally that you just put the phone in and it charges while the phone sits there. The picture of it was kinda small, but it looks like it holds the phone at an angle so you can see any alerts. Cost 30 dollars, about the same as most chargers.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nice find! It's kind of buried on Verizon's site, I had a little trouble finding it even though I was specifically looking for it. Here's a link for anybody that's interested.

http://www.verizonwi...chetypeId=12114

That's it Par, thanks for the link buddy. I looked to see if it was available for the Touch, but apparently not. I guess they made it for the Ally, as nothing else fits in it. That would make sense,...you know the smartphones are gonna be battery hogs.

sweet... thats the first i've seen an extended battery for the ally... thats a future must for me

How did you find this? I was just complaining because when you do an accessory search for the Ally or for LG in general it just comes up with 2 bluetooths and a speakerphone.

You have to go to the verizon accessories then search by phone before you go into the catagorys...

excellent! Thank you!

My old Sprint phones had these - one even had a cradle that was in the shape of a nintendo classic controller (with small joystick) for games - I LOVED that! I always wondered why the market never expanded on that as everyone that saw it was amazed and gushed over it and it truly made gaming on the phone a blast for pacman and galaga

I posted a small review with pictures of the LG ALLY Desktop charger in my blogs located here. If you have any questions feel free to post them on this thread, and comments are welcome either here or on the blog post..

I have also scanned the small booklet that came with the unit if anybody cares to look at it. It's located here.

I have one of these desktop chargers at work. I love it since I can listen to music using Pandora without having to worry about the battery draining. You can't see from the photo posted by heffe2001 but on the left hand side of the charger is an opening so that you can plug in headphones. The media volume controls can also be eaisly accessed from the bottom of the phone cradle.

The only con I have found with the charger is that I have found no easy way to remove the phone. If you grab it from the top and pull up, the phone wants to slide open. If you grab it from the bottom, you hit the volume controls.

If you use an extended battery, it does not appear that you will be able to use the desktop charger.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    If you use an extended battery, it does not appear that you will be able to use the desktop charger.
    That's cause with an extended battery you won't ever have to charge your phone again!!! Jk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links