Ally batteries,...

This is a discussion on Ally batteries,... within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've noticed the Ally comes with a 1500 mAh battery, which is big for a cell phone, so clearly the smartphone manufacturers have stepped up ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ally batteries,...

I've noticed the Ally comes with a 1500 mAh battery, which is big for a cell phone, so clearly the smartphone manufacturers have stepped up the capacity of the batteries. The extended life battery is 2200 mAh and that's the biggest I've seen for a cell phone. XL battery for the touch is 1500mAh, and for the original env it was 1700 mAh. Anyone seen a battery with higher capacity than 2200?

By the way, they're LiPolymer construction. Using polymers allow designers to shape the battery other than square or with sharp corners.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

my voyager has a 1500mAh extended battery and it'll last a whole week on normal use... my brother has a incredible with a 1300mAh battery and he has to charge twice a day... i think android is a power hungry os...

You're right trav, it is. All the smartphones have higher capacity batteries than what we've seen before. And they perform more functions than ever before. There are ways to reduce the load on your battery, but usually you have to sacrifice something. Other day I was at the Verizon site and Extended life battery for tha Ally is sold out, on back order. They'll have some more before long, but they sell quickly.

with normal cell phone use the battery life is fine... but if your using it for all its features or as a laptop replacement, then the battery drains fast, and the phone gets hot...

Sounds like you've been runnin your Ally at full throttle trav...lol You got a CPU meter on that thing? Maybe a temperature gauge? he he...just kiddin buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by travisl_2727 View Post
    with normal cell phone use the battery life is fine... but if your using it for all its features or as a laptop replacement, then the battery drains fast, and the phone gets hot...

Good comparison. I can see my Ally taking on a lot of the tasks I would use my laptop for. And God knows laptop batteries are basically there for decoration they die so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Sounds like you've been runnin your Ally at full throttle trav...lol You got a CPU meter on that thing? Maybe a temperature gauge? he he...just kiddin buddy.

Haha... I actually do have those now, there's an app for everything...

Here's another example of expected battery life, the whole first week I had my ally I was on it so much that I was killing the battery a couple times a day, but today was my first normal work day with it. I used it like I would always use my phones, random texts and phone calls through out the day and using the web at lunch and when I got home and right now I have 68% battery life left... that's pretty promising to me...

The extended life battery is back in stock at Verizon 44.95 plus you'll need the EL battery cover 4.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    The extended life battery is back in stock at Verizon 44.95 plus you'll need the EL battery cover 4.95.

Ouch -- That's what I paid for the phone (New every 2 + online discount)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links