OEM Ally accessories

This is a discussion on OEM Ally accessories within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Thanks for the tip Kelly, perhaps your cars USB port is not the correct voltage for charging. As always, I recommend genuinue LG accessories. They ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OEM Ally accessories

Thanks for the tip Kelly, perhaps your cars USB port is not the correct voltage for charging. As always, I recommend genuinue LG accessories. They are built to LG specs, and subject to LG quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Thanks for the tip Kelly, perhaps your cars USB port is not the correct voltage for charging. As always, I recommend genuinue LG accessories. They are built to LG specs, and subject to LG quality control.

If I'm not mistaken, those ports are usually made for either USB keys, or MP3 players other than Ipods. The car is most likely looking for either a key, or a device that supports 'plays for sure' or something along those lines. I'd just about bet that no phone will charge from that port.

I haven't had time to get pictures of my dock & nav mount, but should hopefully be able to when I get home this evening, and write up a bit about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    I have new car with USB and IPOD receptacles on the dash and my Ally does not charge using the USB port. I am going to have to buy vehicle charger. This was VERY DISAPPONITING! All I get is USB failed error.

I have a dedicated 12v outlet usb adapter that the usb cord plugs into. It's not LG but I had the same problem, It wasn't charging the phone correctly. A 3 1/2 hour drive to the Nascar race and the battery charged...3% whooo.

Quote Originally Posted by 12stringchap View Post
    I have a dedicated 12v outlet usb adapter that the usb cord plugs into. It's not LG but I had the same problem, It wasn't charging the phone correctly. A 3 1/2 hour drive to the Nascar race and the battery charged...3% whooo.

Basically, I think those adapters go into a trickle charge type of situation on a device they don't recognize. Main reason for this is, if you charge a lithium ion battery at a higher rate than it is designed for, you're asking for the battery to vent (IE: Shoot Fire ). I always try to use charges that are designed for the application at hand, because once you've seen a LiPo fire in person, you definitely don't forget it. Not worth the risk to quick-charge a device if the consequences are a burnt out car..

That's also why a PC that doesn't have the proper drivers installed for most phones won't charge it either, they don't know how much to output power-wise out the port to correctly charge the phone. The drivers tell the port how much the phone can take, and set it accordingly.

Haven't had time to do the pictures and mini-reviews yet, but I did bring my camera and charging base with me today to work, so I'll see if I can get it done today since it appears to be a slow day .

is the car mount an ally dedicated accessory? I can't find one on vzw.com, just one for the droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    is the car mount an ally dedicated accessory? I can't find one on vzw.com, just one for the droid.

This is the one I have (also note that it's not powered, you'll need a lighter plug power cable for it): LG Ally Navigation Mount

I'm getting ready to post some pictures and a small bit of info about the Desktop charger shortly, and I'm going to try to get some shots of the nav mount this afternoon and do the same for it.

**EDIT** I have posted a review of sorts with pictures under my blogs, and I'm also going to start a thread in this subforum for any questions anybody might have here...

I got a pack of the OEM screen protectors with my phone, and I just pulled them out of the package (just wanted to see how they affected the phone really). I'm definitely not impressed. They just barely cover the LCD portion of the glass screen. Don't cover the search or back buttons at all. Guess I'll be ordering the screen protector for the phone from Zagg (they have them on their online store, just don't think you can pick them up local yet). It looks to cover the entire glass portion from top to bottom.

I got one of the extended batteries and got about 26 hrs out of it using it for texting, web, and phone calls. I was impressed, since the most I've been able to get out of the regular batteries is about 16-18 hrs depending on how heavily I use the phone. I would love to see an OEM battery only charger. I guess I'll just have to keep on dreaming.

ThE MaD RuSsIaN

I know what ya mean MaD, and I've seen where others have mentioned that. I'm not sure why LG doesn't make a standalone charger that you could put the battery in while it's not being used. It would be a really handy accessory for a lot of folks and they could design it to charge any LG phone battery, not just the Ally's.

Quote Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
    I got a pack of the OEM screen protectors with my phone, and I just pulled them out of the package (just wanted to see how they affected the phone really). I'm definitely not impressed. They just barely cover the LCD portion of the glass screen. Don't cover the search or back buttons at all. Guess I'll be ordering the screen protector for the phone from Zagg (they have them on their online store, just don't think you can pick them up local yet). It looks to cover the entire glass portion from top to bottom.

I used a screen protector that covered the back & search button and ended up having to cut that portion off because those "keys" are very touch sensitive and would not work with the protector over it. If you find one that covers the entire screen & still allows those touch keys to work, please let me know. Thanks :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links