OEM Ally accessories

This is a discussion on OEM Ally accessories within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by ThE MaD RuSsIaN I got one of the extended batteries and got about 26 hrs out of it using it for texting, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OEM Ally accessories

Quote Originally Posted by ThE MaD RuSsIaN View Post
    I got one of the extended batteries and got about 26 hrs out of it using it for texting, web, and phone calls. I was impressed, since the most I've been able to get out of the regular batteries is about 16-18 hrs depending on how heavily I use the phone. I would love to see an OEM battery only charger. I guess I'll just have to keep on dreaming.

ThE MaD RuSsIaN

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I know what ya mean MaD, and I've seen where others have mentioned that. I'm not sure why LG doesn't make a standalone charger that you could put the battery in while it's not being used. It would be a really handy accessory for a lot of folks and they could design it to charge any LG phone battery, not just the Ally's.

I completely agree. I had a stand alone charger for my Samsung Saga & loved being able to charge one battery (had both factory & extended) while being able to use the phone outside of the house. It was also very nice when I knew I was going to be out all day, I could make sure that both batteries were fully charged, or even use the stand alone with the car charger to re-charge if I needed to. I'm keeping my eye out so that as soon as it's available, I'm gonna grab it!

I have a 12v to USB converter in my car, I used it with the Ally for the first time yesterday. 30% to full charge in about 1.5hrs of driving around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
    I have a 12v to USB converter in my car, I used it with the Ally for the first time yesterday. 30% to full charge in about 1.5hrs of driving around.

I bought this today, it puts out 2.1amps and 5 watts. Normal 12v usb charges put out 500mA.

It is designed to charge an iPad which is a charging hog. I will post how long it takes to charge.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Griffin-Po...Black/10326092

Quote Originally Posted by 12stringchap View Post
    I bought this today, it puts out 2.1amps and 5 watts. Normal 12v usb charges put out 500mA.

It is designed to charge an iPad which is a charging hog. I will post how long it takes to charge.

http://www.walmart.c...-Black/10326092

Be very careful using larger than a 1.5a charger, that rate is most likely too high for the Ally's battery. Keep a very close eye on the heat, especially if your battery symbol on the unit shows up with a question mark, means it's too hot and you really, really need to cool it down.

I purchased a few LG items and am Very disapointed in the design of them.

I purchased a hard case, the alarm clock base and the extended battery.

The alarm clock base is pointless with a hard case, you have to take it off every time to use the base.

The extended battery is also junk if you want to use the alarm base. (but it can be modded work little cut here little cut there)

LG should have made both the GPS and Alarm clock base with the idea that ppl would purchase more then 1 item for there phone.

Another UGH moment was putting the battery in last night - they did not provide a back cover for the extended batter, cost an extra 5$ - WTF - with the old env phones the battery was the back of the phone, I was kinda hopping they would come as one piece.. So the battery sits in wait while I wait for the back of the back cover.

Phone Armor Is the screen protectors I use, have never had a problem and even with keys in my pocket the plastic never has been scratched.

Hi juan, sorry to hear you had bad luck with those items. You might be able to sell them to another member, especially the EL battery.

I have the OEM screen protectors as well.

It does affect the touch screen sometimes though, i find myself hitting certain areas on the touch screen more than once.

Not that big of a deal though they keep the screen scratch free.

I also have the car charger which definately comes in handy, it also has an extra usb input on top of it so u can charge two devices at once.

I also have the SD card reader that i used for the first time yesterday to get some music off my pc.

Works well, pretty straight forward; put the card in the reader, plug into a usb port on your pc and you're good to go.

Oh and the hard case is a must, love the feel and it fits well.
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links