Stylus?

This is a discussion on Stylus? within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; lol Sasha..sausage fingers...ha...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stylus?

lol Sasha..sausage fingers...ha

I was told by Tech Support that the screen reacts to the heat of the finger, so a fingernail most probably won't work nor a stylus. If that IS true, I wonder what it will do in the winter .

pmd
    I might try the stylus from my dads old Palm Pioliot.

Quote Originally Posted by ThE MaD RuSsIaN View Post
    I guess this type of touchscreen on the Ally isn't going to play nicely with a stylus? Unless the one I got just doesn't work as well. Anyone have any suggestions? My fingers are on the bigger side and sometimes I have issues browsing the web and stuff. I guess I can just use the nav pad but I would love to have the stylus capability.

ThE MaD RuSsIaN

PS - Forgive my ignorance here. Ally is my first touchscreen smartphone.

All of the Cell Phone Stylus are suitable for your LG Ally phone. But if you need to plug the stylus into the slot, then you need to search the suitable model to fit your phone. Or you can contact your phone seller.

I too have the same issue, I went from the lg voyager to this for 2 reason, the keyboard and I assumed the screen was the same,. with long nails I used to use those for the screen on the voyager, this one I cant, I have a very hard time with it, because when u have nails its hard to use your fingertips, not to mention a week into having the phone, my earing put a huge chip on the screen, I had my voyager for over 2 yrs, with the same earings..lol. and never had in issue with using it or chipping. I like the phone, but do not like the screen at all, If its not broke ... dont fix it, in regards to the screen anyhow. Why make something more fragile and un user friendly. I have been trying to find a stylus so I can at least use alot of its functions.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lynrva View Post
    I was told by Tech Support that the screen reacts to the heat of the finger, so a fingernail most probably won't work nor a stylus. If that IS true, I wonder what it will do in the winter .

this is correct. test it with your pinky and an ice cube, with the unlock screen. best bet is a quick friction rub on your pants...then touch the screen.

not to mention a week into having the phone, my earing put a huge chip on the screen, I had my voyager for over 2 yrs, with the same earings..lol. and never had in issue with using it or chipping. I like the phone, but do not like the screen at all, If its not broke ... dont fix it, in regards to the screen anyhow. Why make something more fragile and un user friendly. I have been trying to find a stylus so I can at least use alot of its functions.

there is a discussion in general discussion about the screen. ' to peel or not to peel' it discusses how hard the screen is. you probably scratched the screen protector that most people don't know is on.

Here is a good read on screen types

http://www.knowyourcell.com/features...resistive.html

Resistive screens are more accurate but also more fragile because they actually have to flex. A capacitive screen measures electrical properties of your finger. This lets it work through glass, allowing screens to be much more durable. For instance, the ally uses gorilla glass which is essentially scratch proof compared to a resistive screen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links