OEM LG Ally Navigation Mount

This is a discussion on OEM LG Ally Navigation Mount within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Ally Android I was looking at mine yesterday. You could remove the arm and tie the base to your vents with a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OEM LG Ally Navigation Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I was looking at mine yesterday. You could remove the arm and tie the base to your vents with a couple of cable ties.

I never thought of that. Are you referring to zip ties?

Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    I never thought of that. Are you referring to zip ties?

Yep, zip ties are pretty much the same thing.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Or get a universal vent mount. That's what I did and it works great, just doesn't look quite as nice as the Verizon unit.

I tried using the adhesive backed metal mounting plate that came with the mount. The suction cup has fallen off the plate several times and only seems to work for a while if wetted before mounting. It may hold better on the windshield, but the mounting plate seems to be a problem. Otherwise a nice product.

I can get the suction cup to stay on the mounting plate but the mounting plate won't stay where I stuck it. The phone is too heavy for the adhesive to hold.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Just got my GPS Mount today. Now I can use Navigation and listen to Pandora while I drive.

How do you listen to pandora through your phone in the car, just through the phone Speaker? Also, I got the nav. mount last friday and used the Nav. on my way to San. Diego From Phx. Several places were I lost connection, which caused the phone to shut down and restart, therefore having to re-enter our destination.

Anyone have similar issue with NAV. on Ally?

GC

Quote Originally Posted by GCinGilbert View Post
    How do you listen to pandora through your phone in the car, just through the phone Speaker? Also, I got the nav. mount last friday and used the Nav. on my way to San. Diego From Phx. Several places were I lost connection, which caused the phone to shut down and restart, therefore having to re-enter our destination.

Anyone have similar issue with NAV. on Ally?

GC

For Pandora, I hook my phone into my car radio with a dual audio plug. The radio was built with an audio plug for MP3 players and such and it works perfectly with the Ally.

My nav constantly causes the phone to reboot. I tried removing and re-installing the updates but that didn't help.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm really interested in this mount except the review states that the phone automatically goes to the car home screen whereas I just wanted to use for standby on bluetooth. So just wondering if it can be docked regularly. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have the LG Shine Plus which is nearly identical to the Ally.

It does automatically go to the Car Home screen but that doesn't make a difference for anything else. Just touch the Home icon and the regular home screen is visible.
    Motorola Droid 4

Cool. That's all I wanted to know, thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links