Zagg Screen Protector

This is a discussion on Zagg Screen Protector within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Yes, the Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector decreases sensitivity of the BACK and MAGNIFYING GLASS buttons. Easy cure, though - just trim the Invisible Shield to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zagg Screen Protector

Yes, the Zagg InvisibleShield screen protector decreases sensitivity of the BACK and MAGNIFYING GLASS buttons. Easy cure, though - just trim the Invisible Shield to the actual screen of the Ally. Yes, that will leave that small strip "exposed. But your actual display will be protected with the best screen protector out there.

I applied my Invisible Shield to my Ally as instructed and it made my "Back" button inoperable. The sensativity of the "Search" button was greatly decreased. I called Zagg and they "have absolutely no reports of problems with this model phone". They said I could cut off the bottom of the shield to expose the bottons but doing so would void the warranty.

I purchased an $8 case off Ebay and kept the factory installed screen protector on. So far, so good. I checked bestskinsever.com but they dont have a skin for the Ally yet.

Hey Taz,...if you use a skin, be sure not to cover the small mic hole.

When I fist purchased my Ally I immediatly purchased a Zagg screen protector. I experienced the same issue with the "back" button. It would work with some heavy squeezing but I emailed Zagg's president and received the following response:

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the frustration you have experience and I would like to offer some information that may help. During the first 5-7 days after installation, the invisibleSHIELD is molding and curing to your device. The material that the invisibleSHIELD is made from is actually porous. This allows for the plastic to literally form-fit to your device. This porous property can result in a bit of a 'grip' feel to the invisibleSHIELD in the first 5-7 days while the material is setting up.

I can completely assure you that touch-screen sensitivity is not affected whatsoever by the application of the invisibleSHIELD. The thickness of our shields come in at only .2 millimeters, and the film is designed specifically to both adhere and mold fully to whatever surface it is applied to. In fact, there are many ZAGG employees (including our President), who own shielded iPhones and iPod Touches, and collectively, we have never noticed any decrease in touch-screen functionality. I personally have an invisibleSHIELD on my MacBook. I noticed during the first week in using the mouse pad that the invisibleSHIELD material had a 'grip' to it when I would try dragging my fingers across it but in no way did it hinder or alter the touch sensitivity. I have now had the invisibleSHIELD on my MacBook for several months and this 'grip' feel I had noticed at first is completely gone.

I was sent a replacement and have reinstalled the shield. I immediatly experienced the same issue but over the last 5 days it does seem to be getting better! I'll give it another 5 days to cure before I make my final decision.

So I'm not the only one who's having this irritating issue of not being able to use the Back/Search button with this screen shield.

I just got my LG Ally 5 days ago and had this exact screen installed the same day.I was told to wait 1 day for it to dry and while it has to an extent,

it's still wrinkled in some areas and in my honest opinion is HORRIBLE.

I pretty much hate it besides the fact that it protects my phone.. It's ANYTHING but 'invisible' or 'clear'

and actually makes my phone look slightly dirty when it's not.

And another thing,no matter how I try to clean it with a moist cloth my screen has a soft smudge on it that won't disappear.

I'm amazed on how this product has gotten such high reviews in the first place overall.

Is anyone familiar with another screen shield for this phone that is not horrendous?

And will I be able to return the ZAGG screen shield back to Best Buy or will they not accept it?

The guy from BB mobile did tell me if anything I can take it back there but I'm not sure.

So I finally decided that my issue is NOT going to be resolved by letting the Zagg "cure" any longer. I again contacted Zagg and made them aware of the post's on here and while they were understanding of my frustration, all they could offer is a discount on any other Zagg product that I would like to purchase. I won't use their product again but they did address my situation and try to resolve it in a professional manner and that's more than some companies would do.

I use Zagg screen protectors and have never had that problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links