Zagg Screen Protector

This is a discussion on Zagg Screen Protector within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; I want to give anyone who is contemplating a Zagg screen protector a warning. It severely interferes with the touch back button and search button. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zagg Screen Protector

I want to give anyone who is contemplating a Zagg screen protector a warning. It severely interferes with the touch back button and search button. I had a very difficult time getting it to work. I eventually had to cut down the size of the protector which ended up ruining it. I would say spend money on a bunch of crappy ones and replace it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by 12stringchap View Post
    s

I want to give anyone who is contemplating a Zagg screen protector a warning. It severely interferes with the touch back button and search button. I had a very difficult time getting it to work. I eventually had to cut down the size of the protector which ended up ruining it. I would say spend money on a bunch of crappy ones and replace it.

I too have the symptoms you describe due to the Zagg. I would say that it is still worth it though, mainly because you definitely are not getting a scratch on your screen and you always have a full keyboard with the two buttons. Just my opinion though. Oh, and with a little playing you can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I too have the symptoms you describe due to the Zagg. I would say that it is still worth it though, mainly because you definitely are not getting a scratch on your screen and you always have a full keyboard with the two buttons. Just my opinion though. Oh, and with a little playing you can get it to work.

Maybe so, but you can't open the keyboard with it in the Dashboard Navigation holder, and I don't really need to be f'ing around with a back button while im driving. ya know.

I am not old enough to drive(6 months!), so I really haven't taken that into consideration. Contact Zagg, they seem to make a good product, so if a few of us contact them maybe they will try to fix it. Their contact page on their website is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I am not old enough to drive(6 months!), so I really haven't taken that into consideration. Contact Zagg, they seem to make a good product, so if a few of us contact them maybe they will try to fix it. Their contact page on their website is here.

Yea I did contact them. If your experiencing it too then please do as well. The button works fine without the protector on now.

I gave them a call. Unfortunately I caught them after business hours and had to leave a message. They are in Mountain Standard Time, and I am not sure/care how that translates into my time zone. I will try to get a person again in a few hours.

What happens if I don't use any screen protector at all?

That's strange that you guys have been having issues. I've had my phone for about two weeks, with a Zagg on it, and everthing seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cdfloyd1 View Post
    What happens if I don't use any screen protector at all?

Nothing. The protector is just added protection to help prevent scratches etc. But touch screens are made a lot more durable today then they used to be. I was looking at the Zagg Protectors today at Best Buy but can't justify paying $20 or $30 for it. Especially since I only gave $50 for the phone in the first place.
    Motorola Droid 4

I guess I lucked out. I got the phone for $30, car charger and Zagg for an additional $30. I had no idea about the deal on accessories when I got there. But I was OTD for $60 at best buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links