Car Charger

This is a discussion on Car Charger within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; I don't know if this is true, but I was told by a Verizon rep today that as of this year, all car chargers etc. ...

Thread: Car Charger

I don't know if this is true, but I was told by a Verizon rep today that as of this year, all car chargers etc. have to be interchangeable between new cell phones. I assume this means within a carrier, not sure. I had a Blackberry 9650 car charger and it does work with the Ally. I had actually gotten the car charger from Crackberry as it was cheaper through them than through Verizon.

Don't let some rep talk you into getting a new charger that you might not need -- check yours before buying a new one. I had another Verizon rep tell me last week I had to buy all new car chargers for any phone I purchased.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you use a charger that is not designed for your phone, you can damage your battery and your phone if the battery overheats or explodes so as a safety measure it is always best to get a new charger for each phone.

Is it possible that another charger will work with the Ally? Yes. The Ally uses a Micro USB charger and theoretically any other Micro USB charger will work. I had an LG Touch before I switched to the Ally and it also had a Micro USB charger. The only difference between the two chargers was the serial number.
    Motorola Droid 4

Your blackberry may be different, don't think it is, but my Curve uses a miniUSB for charging/data. The Ally uses microUSB. Those are different, but very common. I kept my miniUSB chargers and just went online and found adapters online.

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Hi-S...7876901&sr=1-8

Not exactly the one I bought. You could prolly find them cheaper, but they go for practically nothing and you don't have to buy a new charger. Also I saw a car charger at Walmart just the other day that T'd off and had mini and micro usb for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Your blackberry may be different, don't think it is, but my Curve uses a miniUSB for charging/data. The Ally uses microUSB. Those are different, but very common. I kept my miniUSB chargers and just went online and found adapters online.

http://www.amazon.co...77876901&sr=1-8

Not exactly the one I bought. You could prolly find them cheaper, but they go for practically nothing and you don't have to buy a new charger. Also I saw a car charger at Walmart just the other day that T'd off and had mini and micro usb for .

I was in the same boat with the car charger as I had a BB 8330 Curve before my Ally. I did take the bundle package because I knew I'd be buying the car charger and a case for it anyway. The headset was a waste to me because it's for your right ear only and I'm deaf in that ear, but I can always give it to someone who will use it.

Although it is nice that MicroUSB is so popular now. I have other electronics that use the same charger, so I can use them interchangeably if needed.

I have a hard time paying the outrageous price that Verizon asks for! But an even harder time remembering to take the cord (5 flights) up from the car each night. I'm hoping that this "need" of having the phone in my hands dies after a while and conserves the battery. I think I only got 4 hours of sleep last night

Quote Originally Posted by crazemary View Post
    I have a hard time paying the outrageous price that Verizon asks for! But an even harder time remembering to take the cord (5 flights) up from the car each night. I'm hoping that this "need" of having the phone in my hands dies after a while and conserves the battery. I think I only got 4 hours of sleep last night

So you only have one charger? You can get generic chargers that do the same thing for really really cheap.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links