Extended battery and cases

This is a discussion on Extended battery and cases within the LG Ally Accessories forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi All, I'm a new member and my wife and I got our Allys almost two weeks ago. We decided to start with the Ally ...

Thread: Extended battery and cases

Hi All,

I'm a new member and my wife and I got our Allys almost two weeks ago. We decided to start with the Ally as our first experience

with the Android phones. This is a very nice upgrade from our old eNVs.

I did my research before hand and ordered the extended batteries from Verizon right away. You can't beat the overnight shipping for

the Verizon accesories....

The extended battery case does make the phone an inch thick so finding cases is difficult to say the least...

So, the first challenge was finding new cases to hold the thicker phones with the new batteries and extended battery covers.

We prefer cases with belt clips so I searced for some time before finding two cases that fit the Ally plus extended battery.

The first case I found is from Maxpeditions which specialize in military type packs and accesories.

it's a nice rugged case with serious metal belt clip for $19.95 in various colors . This one is the foliage green color. They were out of black and khaki 4.5" CLIP-ON PHONE HOLSTER

The second case i found that fits is made by Reiko and is black leather with a magnetic clasp for the cover.

Nice soft leather case which I got from Amazon for $6.99 .. Can't beat the price for this one Fashionable Leather Pouch

So, I found two belt clip cases that fit the Ally with the extended battery.

I like the maxpediton case for everday use as it really secures the phone and I'll use the leather case when I "have" to get dressed up...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Very nice, thanks ALBPM.
    Motorola Droid 4

Any cases for extended battery with belt loop?

How much extra room is there on the sides of the ally in the maxpediton case???? I don't have an extended battery, but have been looking for a belt clip case like this that would work with an ally with either a snap on rubberized case or an otterbox..... Anybody know if that case would work or any others???? Also does the belt clip swivel, because when I'm not at work I have the phone horizontal on my belt, and if I'm at work I have it vertically clipped on to my welding jacket with my radio mic....

Thanks for the help!

[quote name='ALBPM' date='18 August 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1282192051' post='1000005360']

Hi All,

I'm a new member and my wife and I got our Allys almost two weeks ago. We decided to start with the Ally as our first experience

with the Android phones. This is a very nice upgrade from our old eNVs.

I did my research before hand and ordered the extended batteries from Verizon right away. You can't beat the overnight shipping for

the Verizon accesories....

The extended battery case does make the phone an inch thick so finding cases is difficult to say the least...

Quote Originally Posted by zbhover View Post
    How much extra room is there on the sides of the ally in the maxpediton case???? I don't have an extended battery, but have been looking for a belt clip case like this that would work with an ally with either a snap on rubberized case or an otterbox..... Anybody know if that case would work or any others???? Also does the belt clip swivel, because when I'm not at work I have the phone horizontal on my belt, and if I'm at work I have it vertically clipped on to my welding jacket with my radio mic....

Thanks for the help!

No, the belt clip does not swivel it is a very stout steel clip. Also, the sides of the case are elastic so will be able to hold a larger phone than the Ally plus extended battery cover.

I also got the "Admin Pouch" from Maxpeditions. It has the same large phone pouch plus a pouch for a second smaller phone and in the middle has a nice case with a zipper

that is large enough for an MP3 player.

Admin Pouch

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links