Top 10 LG Ally Apps

This is a discussion on Top 10 LG Ally Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; pretty new to the android scene so I don't have lots of apps but I use 1 app alot 1) Calorie Counter - free app. ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 LG Ally Apps

pretty new to the android scene so I don't have lots of apps but I use 1 app alot

1) Calorie Counter - free app. help track calories, weight loss, excercise diary. has a barcode scanner to scan food items. part of www.fatsecret.com free community website

My top ten in no particular order are

1) Laputa Book Reader- Currently reading some Anne Rice books I've not yet bought hardcopies of here.

2) Zedge- Wallpapers, custom ringtones, huge selection and lots of fun things all for free.

3) the Google Sky app is a lot of fun any way you cut it.

4) Battle.net Mobile Authenticator Protect your game life with an extra layer of protection. Foil mean account theif hackers! FREE

5) Launcher Pro- this is a wonderful homescreen replacement imho, and it gives you a couple of extra work areas 7 instead of 5

6) QuickDesk beta but a really great tool, a little bit confusing to set up at first, but allows you to switch settings and lots of things in a really convenient way.

7) Touiteur the best twitter client I've found for android yet, though Tweetcaster is great too, and handles facebook as well. I just don't really use facebook as much so Touiteur is my fav.

8) Kaleidoscope- a really fun way to kill time and play with colours. and designs You can even save to SD and use as homemade wallpaper if you want.

9) Jorte agenda is a great productivity widget, helps me keep my appointments on time. Now if I could just sync it with myself I'd never be late.

10) Dolphin HD is a great browser, super fast, has addons, easy to use bookmarking and tools. even has themes and more available on the paid version, which isn't pricey.

I could go on all night, really. I became an app junkie the day I got my phone. And the Ally is only my first one.

Hope one or more of these is helpful to someone out there.

I've not really done much with games and the like but in the just for fun category there are too many to list. Though I have Tricorder and Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver as well.Cheers Happy Hunting.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Google translate

Google shopper

laputa

Pandora

Notepad

History eraser

Google maps

Barcode scanner

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    Google translate

Google shopper

laputa

Pandora

Notepad

History eraser

Google maps

Barcode scanner

I also just discovered the Tikl Push To Talk app. Love it! Its a definite keeper. Wish more of my contacts had a Droid phone.

And Quick Settings is a must have app as well. Gives you quick & easy access to all settings that you mess with daily.

In no particular order:

Google Navigation

Facebook

Dolphin Browser - Awesome tabbed browser - and I'm sure I'm just beginning to tap into it's capability

Pandora - Love the ability to create a bunch of stations based on my mood at the time

Where - lots of options including gas price finder, restaurant reviews, etc.

Weather Bug

ESPN Sports Center

Magic 8-Ball

Flixster

USA Today

Dolphin Browser HD

Advanced TaskKiller

AppsLock

WheresMyDroid

LookOut (used as a redundant backup for WheresMyDroid locating app)

Squirrel Free edition (GPS Location/Mapping app)

GPS Status (compass and GPS Sat tracking)

3Banana Notes (great note app that supports photos,geotags,sync,etc.)

AppMonster (for uninstalls and backup of apps to SD)

Astro file manager

Games/Fun Apps

SniperShot (turns your camera into a sniper rifle for virtual killingsprees!)

Wings of Steel-demo

MAD (missle defense game utilizing touchscreen)

All apps listed are free or extensive demos..some with ads but not annoying

rbw
    Favorite communications apps:

• K-9 email: Handles multiple accounts much better than stock email app, nice UI, solid performance, very customizable.
    • Handcent SMS: Nicer UI than stock SMS app; very customizable
    • pdaNet: Amazingly solid functionality for tethering
    • Stock Browser: Have played with Dolphin, Opera Mini and others, but the stock browser seems to have the best combination of speed and functionality.

Favorite desktop apps:

• LauncherPro: Great UI and customization; only wish that it would provide for customizable folder icons
    • Gauge Battery widget: Looks built-in; easy access to tools to check settings affecting battery life
    • DigiClock widget: Very simple clock display that doesn't interfere with my desktop

Favorite other apps:

• Open Table: Restaurant reservations; nice implementation of the browser-based application.
    • PhoneFlix: For Netflix subscribers, this is pretty impressive. Sadly, if you read the comments in the Marketplace listing for the app, you can get good and depressed about the ability and/or willingness of many users to go beyond the name of the app to figure out what it does.

I just installed K9 Mail. Nice application

ADW Launcher - very configurable

Google Navigation - Saves me when my garmin can't

Handscent

Nearby

Ringdroid

Zedge

Flixster

rbw, thanks for the K-9 email suggestion. Set mine up yesterday for all three of my email accounts (two personal and one work). This one is an absolute gem. All my emails are centralized, color coded and quickly accessible. And set up, thought detailed, was really pretty easy.

Thanks again.

Ditto Glockman,....thanks rbw.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links