Top 10 LG Ally Apps
This is a discussion on Top 10 LG Ally Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have my phone set to pattern lock. When I get a text message, SMS Popup puts up a small window that lets me give ...
Android Sr Member
I have my phone set to pattern lock. When I get a text message, SMS Popup puts up a small window that lets me give a quick response directly, close, delete thread, or go to inbox. If I want to go to my inbox, I have to do the pattern swipe first. So all that can happen in my pocket is that I can send back a nonsensical reply to a text, or I can delete the thread, or I can close the dialog box. Deleting the thread requires a confirmation, BTW, so that's not likely to happen in my pocket.
I thought I would chime in with my must have apps that get me through the day. It is more than 10, but anyway...
Here they are in no particular order. I add and delete apps all the time but these are the ones that I keep and have no plans of getting rid of.
1. Barcode Scanner - for all those QR codes to the market and other neat stuff
2. OI Shopping list (with barcode scanner add on) - no frills shopping list that I can add items to with a scan of a barcode
3. c:geo (with radar add on) and GPS Test- absolutely the best geocaching app on the market and the test app lets you see how many satellites you are locked on and the strength
4. Alchemy, Abuduction, Wordfeud - Time wasting games
5. Twitter and Facebook - just the regular apps for me ...haven't tried any of the others for these
6. Call Track - Logs all calls to and from my phone to a separate google calendar for future reference
7. Android System Info - To see what is happening on the inside of the phone
8. Handcent - I only use this to open messages that the stock app can't handle like the animated gifs etc. For regular texts I use the stock app
9. Battery Droid - quick widget on homescreen that shows battery percentage. Looks nice against my solid black background.
10. Cnet widget and Google Reader bookmark - homescreen news links
Android Jr Member
Originally Posted by loveally
I'm an avid user of DocumentstoGo, and their new UI is awesome.
Motorola Droid2Global : Stock, Rooted
Motorola Droid (OG) : Ultimate Droid 3.3.0 w/ ChevyNo1 1.25 ULV kernel
Verizon (HTC) xv6800 : (Windows Mobile 6.1)
Palm Treo 700wx : (Windows Mobile 5.0)
Archos 70It (250GB): Stock, Rooted with Archangel exploit
B+N Nook Color : UD 3.3.0
Toshiba Thrive (32 GB): Stock, Rooted
I just came across a great app to restructure my homepage, it's called Multicon.Check out the review at AppJudgment: Multicon
Android Sr Member
For anyone looking for near hands free functionality should look into Vlingo. I've been using it for a week, and it is now my absolute favorite app. In vehicle mode you can speak commands. For instance, I can say "Text (insert contact's name) message: let's meet for dinner." It then prompts you with your next choice, just say "send," and it sends the message. No touching of the phone required. You can send emails this way to anyone in your contacts, you can even update facebook totally hands free just by saying your message. The app learns quickly over time, too.
Angry Birds! Big but very entertaining.
I think I must try Vlingo too. Thanks Glockman39.
I have been trying to get angry birds but it won't download. Any help? Keep getting an error messege saying requested item not found. Also can only find it in appbrain market not droidmarket
Originally Posted by cacarp1326
I just downloaded it from the market without any problems.
Antivirius free, Advanced Task Killer, FB, Twitter, Yahoo (deleted b/c I suspected it was eating my app, works WAY better than the stock email app though!), Jewels, Tumblr, VCast Tones (discovered this gem once I realized buying ringtones off the Verizon site wont work ! ), Keyring...
I try to clean out my phone every so often, see whats eating my battery, what I dont use etc.
Originally Posted by glockman39
Are you rooted glockman39? I tried using Vlingo only to find that it didn't work with 2/1! Am I missing something? A dialog box poped up telling me it required 2.2. I would love to use this atleast until we get 2.2 in February.
Search tags for this page
best android apps for lg ally
best app for lg
best apps for lg
best apps for lg ally
best lg apps
cool apps for lg
cool lg apps
free apps for lg ally
good lg apps
lg ally apps
lg ally apps best
lg apps best
lg top 10 apps
top apps lg
top lg apps
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.