Top 10 LG Ally Apps

This is a discussion on Top 10 LG Ally Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Droidbiker, "Vlingo: Words to Action" came up for me in the Market when I searched "Vlingo" just now. I am NOT rooted. It is made ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 LG Ally Apps

Droidbiker, "Vlingo: Words to Action" came up for me in the Market when I searched "Vlingo" just now. I am NOT rooted. It is made by Vlingo Corp.

Here is the AppBrain page which states:

Latest version: 2.1.0 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)

I just now installed Vlingo and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Droidbiker, "Vlingo: Words to Action" came up for me in the Market when I searched "Vlingo" just now. I am NOT rooted. It is made by Vlingo Corp.

Here is the AppBrain page which states:

Latest version: 2.1.0 (for Android version 2.1 and higher)

I just now installed Vlingo and it works well.

Thanks Qasar!

the people on this forum continue to impress me.

I just installed it, again, and it still won't work with 2.1 for bluetooth ;-(

I guess I will leave it on my aps for now until we get 2.2 in February unless my phone gets laggy as most of the reviewers for this app had great things to say. February isn't that far away right?!?!?!?!?!

Reading about all the apps. Where is the best place to find them? Remember I don't have my phone til tomorrow, so be nice to me. I use CrunchSMS on my BB. Has anyone seen that one available for the Droid?
    Reality is for people with no imagination!

appbrain. great app for finding popular and well rated apps.

edit: and the only messaging apps i know of are handcent and chomp

Does anyone know of any good Text/Word/Powerpoint document editors that are, for the most part, free (or, at the very least, relatively cheap)? I've been thinking about paying for the full version of ThinkFree Office, but if there is indeed a free alternative, I would appreciate the info.

As for my top ten (not in official order):

1. Handcent SMS

I love having my messages show up on screen, no matter if my phone is locked or charging

2. Pandora

Customizable radio stations. Can't go wrong there

3. TuneIn Radio

Local, Statewide, or Global radio stations. Pick your poison. Lets you choose the stream you want (MP3 or AAC). Buffer times are a bit of a downer...

4. Google Maps/Navigation

Always loved looking wandering around town. This app makes it easier to find where I'm going with turn by turn (or, if you're hoofing it, step by step directions)

5. Manga Browser

Lets me catch up on any chapters I missed or any new mangas that recently came out

6. Angry Birds

Good time killer... plus it's FREE

7. Tonido

Hands down one of the best remote desktop apps I've seen as of late. Only downside is the login isn't "secure"

8. Advanced Task Killer

Works well, but only after a few minutes if configuring

9. Barcode Scanner

Don't know how to describe how useful this is when I go shopping...

10. Vlingo

A great app for anyone who is always on the go, or a parent who's child has a lot of questions you can't seem to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Droidbiker View Post
    Are you rooted glockman39? I tried using Vlingo only to find that it didn't work with 2/1! Am I missing something? A dialog box poped up telling me it required 2.2. I would love to use this atleast until we get 2.2 in February.

Nope, not rooted. And I'm using vlingo on 2.1 with excellent results. I can't provide an explanation as to why it won't work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Droidbiker View Post
    I just installed it, again, and it still won't work with 2.1 for bluetooth ;-(

I guess I will leave it on my aps for now until we get 2.2 in February unless my phone gets laggy as most of the reviewers for this app had great things to say. February isn't that far away right?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, vlingo won't work with bluetooth on 2.1, but it will work with bluetooth on 2.2, so hopefully we'll benefit from that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi JD, I have an app I can't live without. It's called Do Not Disturb and it's published by RiffWare. It blocks all "unknown"..."private number"...and any other number you want to block. When you get one of these calls, the phone doesn't even ring, you just get a notification on the display that say's "call blocked" and the reason why. I E...unknown....on block list... It even keeps a list of blocked calls so you can check it. And you can just turn the app off and nothing gets blocked. Goodbye debt collectors...telemarketers....EX's....

Does it allow the caller to leave a voicemail?

Quote Originally Posted by ABLJazz View Post
    1. handcent sms
    2. pandora
    3. astro file manager
    4. power search
    5. the weather channel
    6. screebl
    7. screen mode widget
    8. google maps/ navigation
    9. gps status
    10. places directory
    The best app i've ever had is handcent sms. Much,much,much better messaging format than the messaging app pre programmed on the phone. If you download one app i would suggest handcent sms. Good luck with your phone!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links