Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap

This is a discussion on Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I didn't realize the brightness button on the Power control widget could toggle different settings. I just thought it turned automatic and manual brightness control ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap

I didn't realize the brightness button on the Power control widget could toggle different settings. I just thought it turned automatic and manual brightness control on\off. Thanks for that. Now I can get rid of the other widget I downloaded.

He might have pulled fancy widget from the market. I know he had mentioned that he was getting grief from HTC. Sure wish I knew how to backup the installation file so that I could put it back on if I ever need to reset my phone. I think I would miss that one more than any other app\widget I use.

I agree Joe, power control is a handy widget!

1 times
    Now that I have had my phone for almost a year, I figured I would update the apps I use. I was slowed down due to space issues, but now with apps2sd, I can enjoy the fun of trying out apps again. My Ally is unrooted.

I also just put in an order for an 8GB microSD card class 6 that came with a reader and keychain lanyard at for under $20 including s&h.

ATM, I use Home++ Theme with only 3 screens. I may retry LauncherPro in the next few weeks. I use the androidcentral dude as my wallpaper. For the screenshot I used Screen Shot It app (Trial allows 5 screenshots to see if your phone works unrooted - and guess what? LG Ally is included in that lucky list!) It also allows you to choose what format you wish to take the pic. The screenshot below is .jpeg

Shootme also works and is free but is a little bit glitchy. The light sensor option doesn't work at all on my phone.

My main screen has the following often used apps:

color flashlight

news & weather

my 2nd screen has:

3 storm8 games (worldwar, pets live, vampires)

market icon

3rd screen:

power control widget

accuweather widget

alarm clock

silentmode widget (by curvefish)

other apps in my tray:

advanced task killer

adobe reader

barcode scanner

tank hero

wuzhenhua player

screen shot it

obviously I did not include preinstalled apps or obnoxious OTA apps like cityid

I had Maildroid for my POP accounts but since I work from home now, I thought it overkill to get the same emails I can read on my system - but for POP emails, it is the most excellent in application and ease of use.

I tried Miren browser and right away disliked it since it could not play youtube videos. Was an instant uninstall. I do not like the new Youtube app format so am relying on the browser experience. I also tried Dolphin mini. Some videos were slow and hiccupped and you could not share them via txt msgs, but a much better experience than Miren. Skyfire messed up with the new lower bar features and facebook integration and I use it reluctantly, but it still plays almost all videos I have encountered across hundreds of websites and allows sharing via many formats (including txts msgs).

Galapagos Browser has soooo much potential...and they go and blow it 2 ways for me. 1- doesn't play any videos 2- lists an engadget link on main page. Thankfully the links on the main page can be modified or deleted. Fix the first flaw of no videos and I will PAY for this highly customizable browser!

SDmove is great for moving apps to SD and it requires no permissions...

the radio scanner app is very listening to las vegas metro police right now hahaha this is great fun

Where do I get the Free Tube app? I don't see it in the Android Market.

I love My Point Live Wallpaper . I just downloaded it. didn't think it would work but works perfectly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links