Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap

This is a discussion on Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; After scrolling through so many free ones, I found a few I fell in love w right away - some are even silly but fun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap

Apps I Just Started Using But Loved Asap

After scrolling through so many free ones, I found a few I fell in love w right away - some are even silly but fun - the only paid one I saw so far that I know I will def get in the next few days is the droid AV for $10

2 Top stupid but fun apps:

screen cracked

it's a picture of an actual cracked/damaged screen (most of us know the horror of this on our various toys from ipods to cell phones to nintendo DS) have to hit the home button to get your phone back to normal - no touch screen removes it and it looks very real - the author's description says it is a great way to deter annoying requests to *see your phone* when you're in the middle of something - this one just cracks me up for some unknown reason.... uhm, no pun intended there

Air horn

it is what it's called - an air horn that is loud and obnoxious - also comes in a few diff melodies like the *hispanic car* horn (i am hispanic btw and this made me LOL) was a great flashback to the early 1980s and every other suped up/modded car had one along w the bobble head hawaiian hula skirt girl on the dash... hold down the horn on the screen and it blasts as long as you keep pressing it haha I saw a practical use for this as an afterthought, for women walking late at night to their cars or in less than desirable areas - you cannot miss this sound it is pretty audible...

Cool apps that can come in handy or entertain:

Scanner Radio

Police, Fire, EMS, even Sherrif's Dept scanners in areas across the world and near you... I remember picking these up as a teen - still holds my interest esp now that you can hear them across the globe...very cool.

Color Flashlight

We've all done this at some point...no flashlight at hand, we've flipped open our phone and used the screen as a light source. Well this app truly auto brightens your screen to it's highest setting and allows you to even change the light color from standard bright white to almost any color. Kudos to the author on this one.

Socialite

I don't see why this got such bad reviews. It was perfect for my FB login. One thing I noticed is it makes the comments sections bigger (over the reg FB app) - I tried both - not much of a difference.

**EDIT: OK I now see the difference after I went on my laptop on FB and saw that Socialite is indeed a LITE verison and omits so much - get the FB app or just log in via browser on the Ally.

BBC News

It updates breaking news in your notification area (which is unobstrusive - I like)

Slacker Radio

Signing into my account was a breeze and was listening to my favs in no time - the sound via my sony stereo headset is absolutely phenom - my husband asked if I even needed my XMradio anymore LOL

Key Ring (by Mobestream Media)

On a tip from Froogloid.com I checked this out and it is such a wonderful concept and has the possibility of reducing the size of my actual keyring that I downloaded it and am scanning the barcodes as I type this. Will let you know how it goes next time I go shopping (will carry my orig cards til I am sure this works).

Carrr Matey

http://www.lionebra....atey/index.html

but actually useful if you go to sporting events or concerts alot.

Factbook (by Urbian, Inc.)

http://www.urbian.biz/apps.html

A reference app w access to CIA World Fact Book and United nations data & stats. Great UI and very informative. Listed under Educational category or simply type it out in search.

Task Manager

Very helpful in closing out apps that stubbornly remain after you've hit the home key. An ez to use *task killer*.

Apps to check out:

There are many soundbites in the form of apps of various movies and tv shows and song artists - these are hit or miss depending on the sound quality and the actual bites...I have the Muppets one and the Intro theme song came out clear and loud...it got cut off and clipped at the end but brought a smile - going to see if I can actually use this as a ringtone for family members

Apps that are good but can be improved:

E!

The E! online sometimes connected and sometimes didn't and it doesn't kick into horizontal GUI even with the keyboard out....but still fun if you like to read up on the latest celebrity gossip...honestly, you can just visit the site so will prob just del this one.

Aquarium Free

This is a nice free app for a live wallpaper if you like the Marine fish scene, but it is a battery drain.

Androidz Wallpapers

Nice pics but the app hangs and force closes at various times and only due to my persistence was I able to finally d/l a few pics I really liked. Also, once you get FC'd, you need to kinda start from the beginning again unless you recall the tag that flashes for 2 seconds before the actual pic displays. I can see me using this for a while to get cool pics but not sure how much longer I am willing to deal w the FCs.

Bic Concert Lighter

Isn't useful as a light source and it pretty pointless. If they made it into a Live wallpaper w the option to either display just the flame or the lighter itself w the flame still going on it (some of the skins are kinda cool) then I could def see people using this. Otherwise... meh.

That's all I have so far. Will add more as I keep playing w them.

found iMobsters by Storm8 - it is a fun timesink game that is tied into other Storm8 games of similar nature w different themes like Ninjas, or vampires or car racing and the app is free but it helps if you buy favors to speed your advancement into the game - storm8 conveniently allows you to pay for these favors via paypal (favors in iMobsters, for instance, allows you to gain energy or loot which helps your character) and the payment goes right into your individual ID code that you get once you install and load the app. Ingenious.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Intri, I gotta say, you're really good at this! Please keep us posted with your app reviews. I like the "screen cracked"..lol.

LOL! I'll have to check out the "cracked screen".

I enjoy the Scanner Radio, Pandora, and some of the free NFL apps.

so far, the screen cracked is my fav - even when I am alone i click it for kicks

p.s.

as a goof i fooled my husband w this one - he looked like he was gunna kill me hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by proto View Post
    LOL! I'll have to check out the "cracked screen".

I enjoy the Scanner Radio, Pandora, and some of the free NFL apps.

Have you tried End Zone Quiz by Urbian, Inc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    p.s.

as a goof i fooled my husband w this one - he looked like he was gunna kill me hee hee

I got to try this on my wife tonight after work. The kids broke her last phone by cracking the internal screen.

I'll look up End Zone Quiz, thanks!

Here are a few fun (free!) games the kids and I like:

Abduction!

Air Control

Coloroid

Traffic Jam

Nice list! I love the cracked screen idea .

The 3 apps\widgets I love the most so far are:

Fancy Widget

HTC style clock\weather widget. Very professional looking and much better than the stock clock\weather widget

ADW.Launcher

Home theme replacement that has some Sense UI like capabilities. Up to 7 home screens. Can set your apps screen to scroll horizontally or vertical. Can do the pinch screen to get the airplane thumbnail view of all your home screens and then press one to automatically go to that home screen. Much quicker scroll and transition speed than stock or LG Home. Lots of other nice features as well.

Brightness Level

This is more of a widget than an app that I set on my home screen. I like this one because I always keep my brightness level at 0%, but sometimes when i'm outside in bright light I can't see the screen real well. This widget allows me to press on it and select from a couple of different brightness levels (also has a custom slider) without having to go into the Setttings\Sound and Display to adjust the brightness. Just makes it quicker and easier to adjust screen brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    The 3 apps\widgets I love the most so far are:

[b]Fancy Widget

HTC style clock\weather widget. Very professional looking and much better than the stock clock\weather widget

[b]ADW.Launcher

Home theme replacement that has some Sense UI like capabilities. Up to 7 home screens. Can set your apps screen to scroll horizontally or vertical. Can do the pinch screen to get the airplane thumbnail view of all your home screens and then press one to automatically go to that home screen. Much quicker scroll and transition speed than stock or LG Home. Lots of other nice features as well.

[b]Brightness Level

This is more of a widget than an app that I set on my home screen. I like this one because I always keep my brightness level at 0%, but sometimes when i'm outside in bright light I can't see the screen real well. This widget allows me to press on it and select from a couple of different brightness levels (also has a custom slider) without having to go into the Setttings\Sound and Display to adjust the brightness. Just makes it quicker and easier to adjust screen brightness.

Thanks Joe - however I tried a search for the fancy widget and nothing that you described came up - is it under another name?

the android theme has a built-in brightness widget i use exactly as you described.
    barando likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links