Swype for ally?

This is a discussion on Swype for ally? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Tazman19 is that it? I have not paid for slide it yet. don't know when the demo runs out. However, landscape mode ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swype for ally?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    is that it? I have not paid for slide it yet. don't know when the demo runs out.

However, landscape mode seems to leave some buttons on the right somewhat hidden. Plus, I can't find the period in landscape mode. Any help with that?

Downloaded and installed Swype tonight. Can confirm it works like a charm. Seems a little easier than SlideIt with full options.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    However, landscape mode seems to leave some buttons on the right somewhat hidden. Plus, I can't find the period in landscape mode. Any help with that?

I never text in landscape mode. Sorry.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Shapewriter is another good alternative.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I had Swype on my Ally for about a week but just felt like I was thinking more about typing than actually doing it. It's a great idea and maybe if I would have practiced more with it then I would have gotten better at it. I recently installed SwiftKey beta and that seems to be working good for me.

I am not sure I am liking it either. If you aren't great about going to the right key you will have trouble. I didn't like the swiftkey either but gave it less of a chance.

OK so I downloaded the app from megaupload. Loaded it in the root directory on the Micro SD. I then used think free office to instal it. But (not to sound to stupid but I have had my ally 20 minutes now) what do you do now to use it... its not in my apps folder and I have no idea what to do next. I have restarted the phone and reinstalled it twice but cant find the program and dont know what to next. I sure hope its not sumpin really stupid. LOL Cause I feel dumb enough asking. Bahahahahaahhaha

i got swype working on my ally just fine but i though it was kinda annoying

i find SlideIT keyboard much better

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoto View Post
    OK so I downloaded the app from megaupload. Loaded it in the root directory on the Micro SD. I then used think free office to instal it. But (not to sound to stupid but I have had my ally 20 minutes now) what do you do now to use it... its not in my apps folder and I have no idea what to do next. I have restarted the phone and reinstalled it twice but cant find the program and dont know what to next. I sure hope its not sumpin really stupid. LOL Cause I feel dumb enough asking. Bahahahahaahhaha

From the home screen, select the Menu button --- Settings --- Language & keyboard --- place a check mark next to Swype. Like you, I kept looking for Swype in the app drawer. Finally realized it was in the settings instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    From the home screen, select the Menu button --- Settings --- Language & keyboard --- place a check mark next to Swype. Like you, I kept looking for Swype in the app drawer. Finally realized it was in the settings instead.
    Thanks I found it. It looks like it will be cool cause I cant type. Be using google voice too.

And incase anyone cares you can select back and forth by holding down on the txt box and the input screen comes up. Then you can select android system or swype.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links