A good swype is here.
This is a discussion on Swype for ally? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; http://savoxis.com/ally/ A good swype is here....
I installed a full version of Swype on my phone yesterday. First you need to go into settings/applications/ and click on the box that says Unknown Sources. Then, go to www.4shared.com from your phone, in the search box type Swype, and download the 1st file you see. It should say evo swype.apk, by it was me. You will have to wait 20 seconds until you are able to download it. Download that to your SD card, and install it from there. You use whatever file manager you are using, I am using Think Free. It will also appear in the notification bar, and you download it from there as well. Just click install, and you are ready to go. It is a fully functioning version, and it is not a trial version. I use it all of the time, and its amazing. This DOES work, I had no issues with it at all.
I downloaded this and it worked! Thanks!! I will let you know if there is any problems.
If you need help follow these steps:
2. Plug in and mount
3. Open removable disk(Computer--->Removable Disk(F: for me)
4. Drag .apk file here, not in a folder.
6. Open your file manager(Astro/think free, etc.)
7. Click on Swype and click open app manager
8. Click install
9. Go to settings---> Language and keyboard---> check Swype
10. Go into a new text field(text message, etc.)
11. Click and hold in text box, a menu will pop up---> Click input method
12. Write or start the tutorial.
There's no need to go through all that hassle if you use your Ally's browser and download it right to your phone.
That's what my last post was for Valkerie, mine was a simplified way.
Found the correct file with 480x800 resolution..
WVGA (480x800): http://www.fileserve.com/file/XVTAzAG
Just tested..seems to be working fine. Not sure if it will run out (like a trial version) like the others did.