Swype for ally?

This is a discussion on Swype for ally? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by amazinz5 i downloaded and installed it, now i cant find it. any idea what im doin wrong? There won't be an icon ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Swype for ally?

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    i downloaded and installed it, now i cant find it. any idea what im doin wrong?

There won't be an icon for Swype in your app folder. Hit menu button, SETTINGS, LANGUAGE & KEYBOARD and select the check mark next to Swype. Next time you get to a screen when you have to type something, long press in the typing area and select INPUT METHOD. Pick Swype and you should be good to go from then on.

D
    ASUR LTD. SLIDEIT 4.0.0.1MARCH 2010

SlideITâ„¢ - Quick Help

Just trying it today ---seems ok

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    http://savoxis.com/ally/

A good swype is here.

Thanks for sharing this! Works great for my LG Ally - exactly what I have been wanting on my phone! &^)

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I don't think you'll see swype on any LG phones. It first appeared on the Samsung Omnia II and is now available for some Motorola phones. It's designed to work with phones using Windows OS. There are similar programs such as SlideIt and ShapeWriter. It would be kinda like putting a Samsung feature on a LG phone, but the people at swype are working to make it available across other platforms. By the way, I understand your interest in swype as just a few months ago the world record for texting was set using a Sumsung Omnia II with swype and Windows 6.5.

I recently had to use the LG VORTEX - because my Ally was being fixed - and it had swype on it! - I loved being able to use it - so there MUST BE something that can be used on the Ally!

I installed swype last night and although I can use the keyboard by typing on it, the swype function does not seem to input any text. I can see the trace but doesn't seem to input the traced text and the box doesn't appear unless I actually type on the keyboard. Anybody else have this issue that has tried swype? I am rooted and running Velocity 1.1. I am over clocked at 787MHZ, but did set it back to 600MHZ with no better results.

Hmmnn???

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    I installed swype last night and although I can use the keyboard by typing on it, the swype function does not seem to input any text. I can see the trace but doesn't seem to input the traced text and the box doesn't appear unless I actually type on the keyboard. Anybody else have this issue that has tried swype? I am rooted and running Velocity 1.1. I am over clocked at 787MHZ, but did set it back to 600MHZ with no better results.

Hmmnn???

i had the same issue before i rooted. it said something about my trial being up, but i couldnt find a version i could buy and got nothing.

The greatest thing about swype for me was how quickly you pick it up. Watching video of people swyping I thought it would be a complicated series of gestures for basic commands like capitalization or symbols, but its really very simple.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links