The Android Market

This is a discussion on The Android Market within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: The Android Market

  1. #1
    Android Enthusiast Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back in Oct. 08 after Google developed the market for Android based cell phones, and T-mobile was the first carrier to offer it on a smartphone. In just 5 months there were around 2,300 apps available, in another 9 months the number rose to 20,000 and last I checked there is now over 50,000 apps there. Insiders say that third party publishers are adding close to 10,000 apps per month now and recieve about 70% of the price. The other 30% mostly goes to the carrier, a little for the electronic funds transfer folks.

    As you know, some apps are free, but most you have to pay for, so look around, you're sure to find something you like!

    http://www.android.com/market/#app=com.epocrates

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Jr Member travisl_2727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    47
    there is so many crappy apps to... thank goodness for the user comments and star rating system...

  4. #3
    Android Enthusiast Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    I hear ya trav. I saw one the other day that turned the display into a flickering candle. I'm still tryin to decide if that's kinda cool, or just silly.

    Have you found any really crappy ones?

  5. #4
    Android Jr Member travisl_2727's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    47
    i haven't downloaded any but just browsing through the markets you see ones that seem stupid or have no purpose...

  6. #5
    Android Enthusiast Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    I see what you mean, some of them look like battery killers too.

  7. #6
    Android Sr Member Dolfan0925's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    110
    Google Goggles=Awesome.

  8. #7
    Android Enthusiast Jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    436
    Update,...over 65,000 apps now.

  9. #8
    Android Lurker theatrenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Can you tell me how you use (not how to use, but what you use it for) Goggles?



    I had a different idea of what it was, and I don't know the practical side of it.

  10. #9
    Android Lurker SueBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back in Oct. 08 after Google developed the market for Android based cell phones, and T-mobile was the first carrier to offer it on a smartphone. In just 5 months there were around 2,300 apps available, in another 9 months the number rose to 20,000 and last I checked there is now over 50,000 apps there. Insiders say that third party publishers are adding close to 10,000 apps per month now and recieve about 70% of the price. The other 30% mostly goes to the carrier, a little for the electronic funds transfer folks.

    As you know, some apps are free, but most you have to pay for, so look around, you're sure to find something you like!

    http://www.android.c...p=com.epocrates




    Excellent link Minty! Saves me scrolling through my phone... just go here to see what I like! THANKS!

  11. #10
    Android Sr Member Dolfan0925's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by theatrenut View Post
    Can you tell me how you use (not how to use, but what you use it for) Goggles?



    I had a different idea of what it was, and I don't know the practical side of it.


    I was at sears hardware looking for a jack for my garage. Saw a jack/jackstand combo on sale, and used goggles to scan the barcode and see what the price was at other stores and online.



    Also on another forum a girl had an avatar that was the same image as a picture I used to have. Scanned the avatar on the monitor and it showed me the name and history of the image.



    That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Been wanting to get more into Goggles and Layar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

android ally marketplace
,
android market and ally phone
,

android market for lg ally

,
android market icon missing on lg ally
,

android market lg

,

android market lg ally

,
android market missing lg ally
,

lg ally android market

,

lg ally android marketplace

,
lg ally droid marketplace app
,

lg ally marketplace

,

lg app market

,
market for android ally
,

xxx android apps

,
xxxandroidapps
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum