The Android Market

This is a discussion on The Android Market within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Android Market

Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back in Oct. 08 after Google developed the market for Android based cell phones, and T-mobile was the first carrier to offer it on a smartphone. In just 5 months there were around 2,300 apps available, in another 9 months the number rose to 20,000 and last I checked there is now over 50,000 apps there. Insiders say that third party publishers are adding close to 10,000 apps per month now and recieve about 70% of the price. The other 30% mostly goes to the carrier, a little for the electronic funds transfer folks.

As you know, some apps are free, but most you have to pay for, so look around, you're sure to find something you like!

http://www.android.com/market/#app=com.epocrates

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

there is so many crappy apps to... thank goodness for the user comments and star rating system...

I hear ya trav. I saw one the other day that turned the display into a flickering candle. I'm still tryin to decide if that's kinda cool, or just silly.

Have you found any really crappy ones?

i haven't downloaded any but just browsing through the markets you see ones that seem stupid or have no purpose...

I see what you mean, some of them look like battery killers too.

Google Goggles=Awesome.

Update,...over 65,000 apps now.

Can you tell me how you use (not how to use, but what you use it for) Goggles?

I had a different idea of what it was, and I don't know the practical side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Android users will love this place, there's so many apps that now you can really say "there's an app for that"! It all started back in Oct. 08 after Google developed the market for Android based cell phones, and T-mobile was the first carrier to offer it on a smartphone. In just 5 months there were around 2,300 apps available, in another 9 months the number rose to 20,000 and last I checked there is now over 50,000 apps there. Insiders say that third party publishers are adding close to 10,000 apps per month now and recieve about 70% of the price. The other 30% mostly goes to the carrier, a little for the electronic funds transfer folks.

As you know, some apps are free, but most you have to pay for, so look around, you're sure to find something you like!

http://www.android.c...p=com.epocrates

Excellent link Minty! Saves me scrolling through my phone... just go here to see what I like! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by theatrenut View Post
    Can you tell me how you use (not how to use, but what you use it for) Goggles?

I had a different idea of what it was, and I don't know the practical side of it.

I was at sears hardware looking for a jack for my garage. Saw a jack/jackstand combo on sale, and used goggles to scan the barcode and see what the price was at other stores and online.

Also on another forum a girl had an avatar that was the same image as a picture I used to have. Scanned the avatar on the monitor and it showed me the name and history of the image.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Been wanting to get more into Goggles and Layar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links