Text message alert sound?

This is a discussion on Text message alert sound? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there an app that lets you customize text alert sounds for individual contacts? I can only set custom ringtones for individual contacts, i dont ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text message alert sound?

Is there an app that lets you customize text alert sounds for individual contacts? I can only set custom ringtones for individual contacts, i dont see why I cant do the same thing for text alerts. Would be nice...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Lol I spoke too soon. Just found the app on another forum, its caller ringo lite. Works great!!! Always wanted to do this on my phone and now I can!!

Ok, you are a couple of steps ahead of me, i can't figure out to customize my ringtones for contacts. Do I need an app?

Never mind, I found the answer on another thread. I always thought I was pretty technological but this new phone is throwing me for a loop. Used to my Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by savmatt View Post
    Lol I spoke too soon. Just found the app on another forum, its caller ringo lite. Works great!!! Always wanted to do this on my phone and now I can!!

Looks like it got a ton of not so great reviews lately.

Do you like how it works?

Found any app alternatives?

I just want to have one ringtone for text messages and a different one for emails. Anyone know how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
    I just want to have one ringtone for text messages and a different one for emails. Anyone know how to do that?

You should be able to do that by going into Messaging, settings, Notification Settings, and Select Ringtone. Then do the exact same thing in your email, and you'll have seperate tones...

Quote Originally Posted by rmaybach View Post
    You should be able to do that by going into Messaging, settings, Notification Settings, and Select Ringtone. Then do the exact same thing in your email, and you'll have seperate tones...

Thank you!!! I was trying to figure out how to do this!

An other app is Zedge. The corresponding app is available on the market. I really like this app, and it allows you to assign to specific contacts in the download screen. You can always go back into your phones settings and adjust custom text alerts in the individual apps settings. i have one assigned to gmail, an other to the outlook, and a third for texts. Not to mention the custom ringtone selection is crazy fun. They also have a nice selection of wallpapers and various other things that range from sheer fun to all business depending on your needs. I think this is the third time I've brought them up in a response tonight. (boredom is a bad thing) I think I'm just really happy to have found a site about our Ally handset after finding little to nothing specific to it for the past several weeks other than reviews and sales ads. Hope someone finds this to be as amusing and fun an app as I did.

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    An other app is Zedge. The corresponding app is available on the market. I really like this app, and it allows you to assign to specific contacts in the download screen. You can always go back into your phones settings and adjust custom text alerts in the individual apps settings. i have one assigned to gmail, an other to the outlook, and a third for texts. Not to mention the custom ringtone selection is crazy fun. They also have a nice selection of wallpapers and various other things that range from sheer fun to all business depending on your needs. I think this is the third time I've brought them up in a response tonight. (boredom is a bad thing) I think I'm just really happy to have found a site about our Ally handset after finding little to nothing specific to it for the past several weeks other than reviews and sales ads. Hope someone finds this to be as amusing and fun an app as I did.

Cheers

Can you please explain this me as If I'm a complete dummy I havee zedge but how I change my notification sounds step by step please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links