Camera LED Light App

This is a discussion on Camera LED Light App within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; HOLY CRAP a way to turn on the LED!!! Good job!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera LED Light App

HOLY CRAP a way to turn on the LED!!! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Spero View Post
    I did what jspence3013 said, and it worked. Then I started to think there must be an app that would let me shortcut the same feature to the home screen, and I found one!

The app Any Cut will do it, as well as it's paid version, BetterCut. If you do Any Cut just add a shortuct to your home screen, under shortcuts select Any Cut. Then select activity, under there you can select flash led on/off. You can then rename it to Flashlight or whatever, and poof you have an icon that will do flashlight. If you buy Bettercut (it's like 2-3bucks) you can change the icon and the text for the icon will line up properly, instructions are about the same. I got the Aero Icon Pack that you can download from the market for Bettercut, in there is a little flashlight icon, looks good.

Note that after you hit the icon you still have to toggle the light, just a simple tap, and it will only stay on for 20 to 30 seconds or so(honestly didn't time it,) then you will have to toggle off then on again. As well your status light will alternate colors, which in my opinion doesn't matter, kinda neat actually. One last thing is it will keep an item in your cache memory that takes up a few MBs, really shouldn't hinder anything, but if you have some sort of task killer (I use SystemPanel,) you can end it after using it.

Did this for my girlfriends new ally, it's not perfect, but works, and looks decent. Better than my incredible where the only app out there is paid, and you have to reboot your phone after you use it if you want to use the camera flash again.

Thanks to jspence3013 for figuring out the main part.

Enjoy : )

Thanks Spero, set my Ally up the way you said, works perfectly, been waiting / searching for this type of fix, THANK YOU !!!

This is great Spero, I just now downloaded AnyCut and gave it a try.

Anyone else notice that the Notification light also changes colors (Red, Green, and Blue). It is a little distracting but I can deal with it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    These apps are kinda cool but not worth it to me considering it doesn't stay on completely until you turn it off. I actually use my phone as a flashlight for situations where I need it, like walking through the house at night, and I'm not gonna have the light shutting off on me and I have to turn it back on again. I also sat in my computer room with the lights and PC monitor turned off and compared the camera LED light to the other flashlight app I have that just lights up the whole screen, and yes the camera LED is brighter, but not by a big margin.

If someone can program the camera LED to turn on and STAY on, then I'd be interested.

Also, when I uninstalled the app, my status light kept doing the changing color thing, I had to pull my battery and reboot my phone. So that's also a negative, once you're done using the light your notification LED keeps going crazy and using battery power.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    These apps are kinda cool but not worth it to me considering it doesn't stay on completely until you turn it off. I actually use my phone as a flashlight for situations where I need it, like walking through the house at night, and I'm not gonna have the light shutting off on me and I have to turn it back on again. I also sat in my computer room with the lights and PC monitor turned off and compared the camera LED light to the other flashlight app I have that just lights up the whole screen, and yes the camera LED is brighter, but not by a big margin.

If someone can program the camera LED to turn on and STAY on, then I'd be interested.

Also, when I uninstalled the app, my status light kept doing the changing color thing, I had to pull my battery and reboot my phone. So that's also a negative, once you're done using the light your notification LED keeps going crazy and using battery power.

Thanks to everyone that has responded, but I am going to have to agree with blackmetal for now. The front LED does continue flashing after terminating the app and had to pull my battery off a couple times. I'm using it for now. Id still love to see an app that will turn my camera's LED on until I turn it off and doesn't continue running after I turn it off.

The App I've found does not use the LED light but it has many features for which I will probably have uses (more so if I was into the club scene perhaps?).

The App sets brightness to 90% and goes to Flashlight described below. But that's not all. You can edit "Color," "Brightness" and "Effect." Touch the screen to open/close the Menu.

Effect settings include:

Flashlight = Turns the screen one solid color and sets display to 90% brightness. Will return to color you set when exited and re-started. This is the default Effect when App is started.

Text = Displays text in your color choice with black background. Opens dialog box for easy text entry.

Emergency* = Flashes and alternates half the screen in any color. The other half is black.

Strobe* = Causes seizures in any color you want.

Blink* = Same as Text but blinks display.

Police* = Flashes and alternates half-screen Red on the left, Blue on the right. Touch speaker for siren on/off (cool and possibly a lifesaver).

Rainbow* = Flashes each color in sequence. Works like Strobe.

Scroll* = Same as Text but scrolls across screen.

Spiral* = You guessed it. A Hypnotism Tool?

Disco* = Fans beam-type lights in circle from center in random colors and direction. I guess it is supposed to be a Disco Ball.

Slide* = Flashed up to 4 Texts, like 1. Eat, 2. At, 3. Joe's... This text is saved on re-start.

Candle = Shows lone flickering candle flame. Does not change color.

* = Speed can be adjusted

Note: The text entered in Text is saved after re-start and will be used for Blink and Scroll.

When you exit (back-out) the program ends and my brightness default (minimum) is reset.

This App is called "Color Flashlight" by Social & Mobile, Inc.

Q

Hi guys,

I've just released Tiny Flashlight v2.4.2 and I believe that it should work on Ally. Can someone check it?

Tiny Flashlight is incredibly simple and yet very useful Flashlight application. Will use your device's LED if it has one.

Motorola Droid 4

xjl
    Works like a charm on the ally! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spero View Post
    I did what jspence3013 said, and it worked. Then I started to think there must be an app that would let me shortcut the same feature to the home screen, and I found one!

The app Any Cut will do it, as well as it's paid version, BetterCut. If you do Any Cut just add a shortuct to your home screen, under shortcuts select Any Cut. Then select activity, under there you can select flash led on/off. You can then rename it to Flashlight or whatever, and poof you have an icon that will do flashlight. If you buy Bettercut (it's like 2-3bucks) you can change the icon and the text for the icon will line up properly, instructions are about the same. I got the Aero Icon Pack that you can download from the market for Bettercut, in there is a little flashlight icon, looks good.

Note that after you hit the icon you still have to toggle the light, just a simple tap, and it will only stay on for 20 to 30 seconds or so(honestly didn't time it,) then you will have to toggle off then on again. As well your status light will alternate colors, which in my opinion doesn't matter, kinda neat actually. One last thing is it will keep an item in your cache memory that takes up a few MBs, really shouldn't hinder anything, but if you have some sort of task killer (I use SystemPanel,) you can end it after using it.

Did this for my girlfriends new ally, it's not perfect, but works, and looks decent. Better than my incredible where the only app out there is paid, and you have to reboot your phone after you use it if you want to use the camera flash again.

Thanks to jspence3013 for figuring out the main part.

Enjoy : )

THIS WORKED GREAT! Just got the Ally and friend had the app on his HTC and this works great with the LG ALLY! Also now it lets u set the light to automatically turn on when u click the shortcut. It did for me anyways. So as soon as I hit the shortcut the led lght from the camera comes on! )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links