Messaging Apps

This is a discussion on Messaging Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I am still trying to find a good messaging app to replace the dull one that comes standard. I liked Handcent but I kept getting ...

Thread: Messaging Apps

I am still trying to find a good messaging app to replace the dull one that comes standard. I liked Handcent but I kept getting double text & I read that it was a huge glitch to the program. So then I got the messaging widget & I cannot figure out how to change anything besides font size. I know there is a way, but the menu just gives me options for text size (small, medium, or large).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been using Handcent on 2 different Android phones without an issue. When you say you are getting double texts... do you mean you still rec. them in the stop SMS app? Or do you get 2 in Handcent?

im having the same problem with Handcent. Whenever I get a txt msg the msg comes in throught both Handcent AND Messaging(Andriod Deafult sms). I cant find a way to turn off the deafult app. Any solutions???

Go into the default SMS app and click menu, then settings. Remove the check marks from Auto-Retrieve and Notifications.

That should do it.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by iowafan93 View Post
    I am still trying to find a good messaging app to replace the dull one that comes standard. I liked Handcent but I kept getting double text & I read that it was a huge glitch to the program. So then I got the messaging widget & I cannot figure out how to change anything besides font size. I know there is a way, but the menu just gives me options for text size (small, medium, or large).
    Go in to the receive options and turn off the self check. That got rid of the double messages for me in hand cent

THANKS!!

I had to replace my HTC Eris (which I really liked) with the LG Ally. Immediately noticed that imported gmail contacts did not break out my groups. Downloaded handcent and it looks like it will let me txtmsg by group as I did on the Eris.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links