Pandora

This is a discussion on Pandora within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm a huge fan of Pandora radio. I use it constantly while I work, but I hesitated when I went to open the app on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora

I'm a huge fan of Pandora radio. I use it constantly while I work, but I hesitated when I went to open the app on my Ally.

I have the standard unlimited data plan on my phone, but the app gave a warning about how the app uses a lot of data and you're responsible for it. I'm sure that's just Pandora covering their a$$, but I wanted to check before I start using it -- I'm not going to run into issues with data usage because I'm on an unlimited plan, right? Has anyone else had problems with this at all?

Thanks in advance. I know this is a really novice question, I just don't want to get blind sighted with charges that shouldn't be there.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Hi CC, with the unlimited plan you're fine. Go ahead and open the throttle

I don't use Pandora, so forgive me if I'm missing something, but can't you just turn a radio on?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    Hi CC, with the unlimited plan you're fine. Go ahead and open the throttle

I don't use Pandora, so forgive me if I'm missing something, but can't you just turn a radio on?

Yeah, I can turn a radio on, but Pandora uses a gnome project that matches music that you like (thumbs up, thumbs down) with what you already have on the playlist. It's helped me find new artists or songs that I otherwise didn't hear on the radio. Although, it seems that satellite radios like XM seem to offer the same sort of exposure.

I figure it'll be a nice alternative to my iPod when I want it. Until I put music on from my MBP onto my SD card to listen to.

Ok, gotcha. Thanks CC!

Love Pandora, I use it at work and sometimes at home. I am going to get an adapter so that I can use it in the car also. Like Minty said, there is no extra charge if you have the unlimited data plan.

I like it because you can create different channels depending on the music you like. The more you thumbs up or thumbs down the better the channel gets to play music that you prefer.
    Motorola Droid 4

Oh, definatly KUP on what you find for a car adapter, Ally. I would love to use that in my car. I agree about the channels. It's a nice alternative to searching for new music all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee Cat View Post
    Oh, definatly KUP on what you find for a car adapter, Ally. I would love to use that in my car. I agree about the channels. It's a nice alternative to searching for new music all the time.

The radio in my car has a 3.5 mm audio slot to hook up an MP3 player or phone. All I need is an audio cord that has a 3.5mm jack on both ends and I am good to go. I have an audio cord that has a 3.5 mm jack on one end and a 2.5 mm jack on the other. I just need an adapter to convert the 2.5 mm to a 3.5 mm. Either that or just buy another stereo cord. They only run about $5 at Radio Shack.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm 14 and obviously don't have a car but I do have a golfcart we put a nice radio in it. It has a AUX port on it. When I was like 10 I had one of those iDog toys for an ipod. The cord is a dual male end 3.5 mm audio cord. So I just used that.

Pandora works great in cars and golfcarts

question about Pandora. Whenever a new message is received the music stops and doesn't restart. I have to manually go back into our and restart the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    question about Pandora. Whenever a new message is received the music stops and doesn't restart. I have to manually go back into our and restart the radio.

I have had Pandora stop and not restart a few times. Usually when running it and Navigation at the same time. When the voice for Navigation comes on, Pandora pauses but it doesn't always start back up. I solved this by turning off the voice. I have not noticed it happening when a message is received.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads