Getting Rid of Apps

This is a discussion on Getting Rid of Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I recently got my Ally and I know how to get rid of the apps I download, but not the ones that come on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Rid of Apps

I recently got my Ally and I know how to get rid of the apps I download, but not the ones that come on the phone (e.g. Socialite, browser...). Is there any way to get rid of them? I just want a lot of them gone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Unfortunately there is no way to uninstall a lot of the junk that came loaded on the phone.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

LIke Black said, there's no way to get rid of the Apps that came preloaded on the phone, but if you decide to uninstall something you've downloaded, you just need to bring up your list of Apps, hit the menu key, press uninstall, and then select the app you want to remove.

There is a way. However, you must root your phone. If you have, then download titaniumbackup from the market. Run it, it'll bring up a box about busybox. Close it, then click on Problems? Button. It will download it and automatically restart. When it comes back up it'll take a second then it'll tell you how many apps you got and so on and forth. If it were me I would definitely back up the apps first, lest your phone starts acting up. I've uninstalled talk, myspace, socialite, visual voicemail, and voice search. Be careful with voice search everything fc'd, and I stress Everything. But all I did was reboot and it was just fine. Lol

Oh, and by the way, go to settings>applications>manage applications and uninstall all the apps that start with com. They are usually at the top of the list.

I really wish that LG, or Verizon or whomever would offer us a way to remove the junk apps without having to root. It's more than slightly disappointing to have bloatware on our new devices that they've decided are must haves but then don't even bother to maintain them so that they're useful to us. Or at the very least allow us to choose if we even want said apps installed when we're making the initial purchase. Nothing important, I just wanted to vent my spleen.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Has anyone removed the LG Launcher yet? Im thinking that if we removed that, it would really help the phone alot.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaredwingsfan View Post
    Has anyone removed the LG Launcher yet? Im thinking that if we removed that, it would really help the phone alot.

i actually removed it, it did help the phone quite a bit and i noticed a big difference in the speed, if you remove it be sure to replace it with whatever launcher your using. and be sure to put it in /system/app otherwise your screwed if you do a system restore.

Quote Originally Posted by zacwhite15 View Post
    i actually removed it, it did help the phone quite a bit and i noticed a big difference in the speed, if you remove it be sure to replace it with whatever launcher your using. [b]and be sure to put it in /system/app otherwise your screwed if you do a system restore.

Meaning? You can't get it back or it will crash the system? If you mean you can't get it back, then so be it, i don't want it back.

Also how did it affect the dialer and the phonebook?

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Ooooh I'd be interested if someone could do a nice detailed write-up on how to get rid of the LG launcher and replace it with something else.

I successfully rooted my phone a few days ago but have taken basically NO advantage of it because I don't understand how to go about modifying things, and I know trial-and-error isn't a good idea.

If I could get the LG theme off my phone and replace it with Launcher Pro that would be sweet.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links