Radio Frequency App?

This is a discussion on Radio Frequency App? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there an app that would allow me to play music from my Ally to my car radio without actually connecting it to my car? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Radio Frequency App?

  1. #1
    Android Sr Member Vol4One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    175
    Thanked
    1 times
    Is there an app that would allow me to play music from my Ally to my car radio without actually connecting it to my car? Like using the radio frequency kinda like how an XM radio works.
    biben likes this.

  2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.


  3. #2
    Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    185
    I was actually hoping for this too the other week, I searched the market for things like "FM transmitter" etc but couldn't find anything.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

  4. #3
    Android Sr Member Vol4One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    175
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    I was actually hoping for this too the other week, I searched the market for things like "FM transmitter" etc but couldn't find anything.


    This would be especially nice since I don't have a jack to plug my phone to my car stereo.

  5. #4
    Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    185
    This type of FM transmitter works with our phones, I tried my friend's one day just to test it. But an app would be nice.



    http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-P-13-St.../dp/B0009XPMR4
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

  6. #5
    Android Lurker trimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    Is there an app that would allow me to play music from my Ally to my car radio without actually connecting it to my car? Like using the radio frequency kinda like how an XM radio works.


    You are asking for a piece of software that builds a 83-108 MHz transmitter inside the phone and then uses it to send audio to your car?



    Wow.



    No, that's not possible for any product. Perhaps in 50 years.

  7. #6
    Android Sr Member Vol4One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    175
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    You are asking for a piece of software that builds a 83-108 MHz transmitter inside the phone and then uses it to send audio to your car?



    Wow.



    No, that's not possible for any product. Perhaps in 50 years.


    Ok, I'm not that technical but, um, thanks for the response (I think). I still don't understand, though, that if my XM radio receiver has the software to make this happen, how come a smartphone cannot have it? The XM receiver is not connected to my radio in any way except that it is programmed to send the satellite radio transmission to my car radio at station 106.7 FM.

  8. #7
    Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    277
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    Ok, I'm not that technical but, um, thanks for the response (I think). I still don't understand, though, that if my XM radio receiver has the software to make this happen, how come a smartphone cannot have it? The XM receiver is not connected to my radio in any way except that it is programmed to send the satellite radio transmission to my car radio at station 106.7 FM.


    It's not a question of software, it's the HARDWARE. The phone does not have the hardware to send an FM signal like your XM unit. Software and hardware are two different things.

  9. #8
    Android Lurker gaetawoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    wow. i... am not sure what to fast reply with.... but wow.

  10. #9
    Android Sr Member Dolfan0925's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    110
    iheartradio

  11. #10
    Android Sr Member Vol4One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    175
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    It's not a question of software, it's the HARDWARE. The phone does not have the hardware to send an FM signal like your XM unit. Software and hardware are two different things.


    Ok. That makes more since to me. The other person said software and I was thinking that apps were software. If it's hardware, I understand that it can't be added.



    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

app for radio frequency

,
app that connects music to radio
,

app that connects phone to radio

,

app to connect phone to radio

,
app to link phone to radio
,
app to stream music from phone to radio
,

connect phone to radio frequency

,

is there an app that connects your phone to the radio

,

is there an app to connect your phone to the radio

,
phone to car radio app
,
phone to radio app
,
play music from phone to radio
,
play music through radio frequency
,
play music via radio frequency
,
radio frequency apps
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum