Task Killers are Battery Killers??

This is a discussion on Task Killers are Battery Killers?? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick You can manage SOME tasks without installing anything, by going into Settings>Applications>Running Services. Here you can click on things to turn ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Task Killers are Battery Killers??

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalbuick View Post
    You can manage SOME tasks without installing anything, by going into Settings>Applications>Running Services. Here you can click on things to turn them off if you don't want them running.

I can only speak in my own experience, using Advanced Task Killer has increased my battery life by a lot. A few days ago I turned it off for some reason and forgot to turn it back on, and by that evening, my battery indicator was yellow, 25% left or something like that. With my task killer running[b] I've been getting 48 hours use out of my phone before needing to plug it in again.

There's no harm in installing one for yourself and judging your own results. They are free on the market and can easily be uninstalled if you don't think you like it.

I gotta call you out on this. There's no way this is true.

Even with zero apps installed and zero call/text/data use, I doubt the phone would stay charged for that long.

Quote Originally Posted by greenless View Post
    I gotta call you out on this. There's no way this is true.

Even with zero apps installed and zero call/text/data use, I doubt the phone would stay charged for that long.

Sure it can. See my thread Battery Test in Help. In my last test, I went 30 hours and only used 17% of my battery without using a task killer. That was with 1 phone call, 4 texts, and a couple of photos.
    Motorola Droid 4

Then you are going to have to call me out as well.

Now I don't use a task killer, but I routinely get 2-4 days life out of my battery. Granted I am not a power user, but I make and receive lots of calls every day (it's a work phone). I do light texting and I make two or three trips around the internet each day to certain websites. I also kill a little time each night playing solitaire or some other simple little game. I have turned off all unused features, like GPS, bluetooth, autosync, etc. and only turn those things on when I need them. I also turned down my screen brightness to minimal for indoor use and about 50% brightness for outdoor use. Doing all of this, like I said, I get 2-4 days out of my battery. I also did a test the other day where I didn't touch my phone for 10 hours and I only lost 7% battery life in that 10 hours. Equate that out over 100% battery life and that would come to just under six days. So to say it's not possible to get that much life out of the battery is just plain false.

I'll jump in and say that my battery has lasted 48 hours several times now. But I frequently disconnect myself from all data networks (even 3G) using the app Quick Settings. So I'm not exactly what you'd call a heavy user (I only occasionally need to sync, and I mostly just use this for email).

My battery like is very short. I will have to try shutting down services not in use.

Uninstalling Task Killer helped with Battery life.

I use the apps - Quick Settings and Timeriffic. Battery life has extremely improved.

I use my phone to its fulll potential. I run it all, all day long, charge it about 3 times a day, got a charger on me 24/7. No reason for a smart phone if you don't use its features. Sum people may mis understand, but its this high tech for usage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links