Handcent?

This is a discussion on Handcent? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Tamilyn i just go back into the stock messaging app to send photos Yeah, but it's a pain to have to use ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handcent?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamilyn View Post
    i just go back into the stock messaging app to send photos

Yeah, but it's a pain to have to use two different messaging apps when one should work without any problems. chompSMS is working for me and the other good thing about it is when you're sending to a group, it shows the recipient's name instead of just their number. My two cents.

I just installed Handcent MMS and I really like it & it is working great for ne. But, one question I have & can't seem to figure out my own, is how to only use Handcent & not messaging. Like, when I get a text & check it in Handcent, the little notification symbol on the notification bar will go away but the one for the regular messaging will stay there until I clear it. Is there anyway to stop the notification for regular messaging without stopping it for handcent as well?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolett80 View Post
    I just installed Handcent MMS and I really like it & it is working great for ne. But, one question I have & can't seem to figure out my own, is how to only use Handcent & not messaging. Like, when I get a text & check it in Handcent, the little notification symbol on the notification bar will go away but the one for the regular messaging will stay there until I clear it. Is there anyway to stop the notification for regular messaging without stopping it for handcent as well?
    Yup, go to the stock messaging app in your app drawer and you can disable that in the menu.

I decided to give Handcent another try to see if I could send MMS messages and now I can. But now I have a question. I have the new message popup enabled which is really nice. However, whenever I reply or close the popup, the notification icon stays in my notification bar. Is there an option to make that go away whenever I reply or close a popup message?

i agree about the notification but its a minor hindrance for an awesome app

Mms is also working for me now in the updated handcent. Agree on the notification bug but its so much better eye candy than the stock application.

I ended up resetting my phone and slowly started adding apps back. Mainly, just the ones I really needed/wanted. I added back ChompSMS instead of Handcent and so far (knock on wood), my notifications have been working correctly and going away from the notification bar appropriately.

Is there a way to delete the stock messaging app? Because I have two copies of each message I'm sent. I've disabled the notifications, but the message itself is still in the handcent app as well as the messaging app. I don't need to copies of the same message taking up space. And can I delete individual messages within a thread wihtout deleting the whole thread?

Reread the thread again. At least one of your questions is answered in it. The others can be found in other threads by using search.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Reread the thread again. At least one of your questions is answered in it. The others can be found in other threads by using search.

I reread.... I still don't see it. I see where they tell me how to disable notifications for messaging so I'm not getting double notifications. If you'll reread my post, you'll see I've already done that. What I'm concerned about is even though I'm not getting the double notifications, there are still two copies of each text I'm sent. One in handcent and one in messaging. I didn't realize this until recently because I wasn't getting notified from each application because I had turned the messaging notifications off. So I want to know if I can delete messaging app.... or delete the text threads within messaging w/o deleting them in handcent. I tried but every time I delete a thread in the messaging app it automatically deletes it in handcent too. Why can you not keep it in one but not the other?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links