Handcent?

This is a discussion on Handcent? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by EricaRie I reread.... I still don't see it. I see where they tell me how to disable notifications for messaging so I'm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handcent?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaRie View Post
    I reread.... I still don't see it. I see where they tell me how to disable notifications for messaging so I'm not getting double notifications. If you'll reread my post, you'll see I've already done that. What I'm concerned about is even though I'm not getting the double notifications, there are still two copies of each text I'm sent. One in handcent and one in messaging. I didn't realize this until recently because I wasn't getting notified from each application because I had turned the messaging notifications off. So I want to know if I can delete messaging app.... or delete the text threads within messaging w/o deleting them in handcent. I tried but every time I delete a thread in the messaging app it automatically deletes it in handcent too. Why can you not keep it in one but not the other?

the 2 mirror each other, delete info from one and you remove from the other, doesnt matter which one. You cant remove the stock app.

I have never used Handcent but from what I can tell it is nothing more than a different UI using the same code as the default msg app. You really only have 1 thread but 2 different ways to read it.
    Motorola Droid 4

I love hand cent never had a problem with it. you do have to remember to turn off notifications of the stock texting app. you can customize everyone chat forums I only have 5 or 6 friends customized.

OK question, I installed Handcent and it works great. I disabled the notifications on the stock app, but on my lock screen, it still says i have unread messages until I open them up in my stock app. Is there any way to change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Duppep24 View Post
    OK question, I installed Handcent and it works great. I disabled the notifications on the stock app, but on my lock screen, it still says i have unread messages until I open them up in my stock app. Is there any way to change that?

+1..thanks..that is my exact question also. Did you ever find resolution? Other than that, I like using Handcent, which I just installed after FR-ing earlier this week.

Would be nice for mail notification on the lock screen too..I POP into my Verizon with the e-mail app, and it always has "x unread mail" displayed in the lock screen...I only use that to get Verizon mail for convenience...I don't manage that mail file from the phone & could care less what I have "unread" there.

Your right, I misread that. However, the rest of your questions can still be found by using search. If I am at work and answer a post, I don't provide any additional information. I don't have time to search for answers for someone who can just as easily do it themselves. When I am on my pc at home, I at least try to provide a link to the topics that are related.

Is there a way to delete the stock messaging app? I don't know how many times this question has been asked but the answer is no. There are those who will tell you that you can delete it if you root your phone but if you do that than Handcent would not work either. The reason is explained in the answer to your next issue.

I have two copies of each message I'm sent. The message itself is still in the handcent app as well as the messaging app. I don't need to copies of the same message taking up space. There is only one message on your phone. It is just that you have two different apps that reference the same message. Handcent is not a stand alone app. It uses the default messaging app to send and receive messages. This is the reason why you get double notifications until you turn off notifications for the default app. Try deleting a message from one of the apps and then checking the other app to see if it is still there. If it isn't than my assumptions are correct. If it is, disregard everything I have said.

And can I delete individual messages within a thread without deleting the whole thread? Yes, just long touch the message you want to delete and touch Delete Message.

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Duppep24 View Post

I've been experiencing that as well and cannot seem to find a way around it. Have you found any way to get rid of that yet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links