Handcent?

This is a discussion on Handcent? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've been seeing a lot of posts about handcent and how much people love it for their LG ally, but I'm new to the whole ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Handcent?

I've been seeing a lot of posts about handcent and how much people love it for their LG ally, but I'm new to the whole smartphone/application thing, and was wondering if someone could explain to me what it is? Is it worth downloading? What will it do for me?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by MSL5 View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of posts about handcent and how much people love it for their LG ally, but I'm new to the whole smartphone/application thing, and was wondering if someone could explain to me what it is? Is it worth downloading? What will it do for me?

Thanks!

After looking at the website, I think the screenshots explain it best...It seems like a tool to customize the look and feel as well as sms notifications...ie you could have a different sound I'm guessing for each friend....here's the link

handcent screenshots

--Scoob

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    I had it installed for 2 days and removed it. The stock messaging app is perfectly fine for me.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

I can receive MMS just fine but can't send them out. Is anyone else who uses Handcent SMS having this problem? Is there a fix for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vol4one View Post
    I can receive MMS just fine but can't send them out. Is anyone else who uses Handcent SMS having this problem? Is there a fix for it?

I have the exact same problem and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue! I had posted a similar request to this board as well as the Handcent forum without any success. This is an excellent resource for the LG Ally and if I am able to find a solution, I will post it here! At this point I just simply use the factory installed message app to send media messages and Hancent for texts. Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstrad View Post
    I have the exact same problem and have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue! I had posted a similar request to this board as well as the Handcent forum without any success. This is an excellent resource for the LG Ally and if I am able to find a solution, I will post it here! At this point I just simply use the factory installed message app to send media messages and Hancent for texts. Good Luck!!!

I've decided to go with ChompSMS, at least until Handcent can get their act together on MMS. It doesn't have ALL the bells and whistles that Handcent does but it's a pretty good little message app. And, it's better than the stock message app.

to me this is the sms mms that the phone should have came with I love it can do what i want and how i want with my texts

i just go back into the stock messaging app to send photos

Quote Originally Posted by twbredw View Post
    to me this is the sms mms that the phone should have came with I love it can do what i want and how i want with my texts

I totally agree the phone should have already been able to do this customization. But hey a simple download and its all good. Most everyone should like, need and use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoto View Post
    I totally agree the phone should have already been able to do this customization. But hey a simple download and its all good. Most everyone should like, need and use this app.

I kept having problems with Handcent not sending out MMS messages. I switched over to chompSMS and it works fine. If Handcent can fix the MMS problem, I'll switch back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links