Hands free talking

This is a discussion on Hands free talking within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; New to Ally. I am coming from Env3 and the ability to talk to dial and to call. Is there an app that will allow ...

Thread: Hands free talking

New to Ally. I am coming from Env3 and the ability to talk to dial and to call. Is there an app that will allow you to actually place the call. I have voice dial and this 'usually' gets me to the contact from my contats book but then I have to decide on - call, text, e-mail - by touch. This is not conducive to driving safely.

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have not played much with the Voice Dialer.

When I do use it, I say "Call Person's Name" and, if it finds the correct person, it gives me all of the numbers assigned to this person. I then only have to touch the number that I want to call and the call is placed. There are no settings that I could find to have it automatically place a call.
    Motorola Droid 4

I am looking for a trainable voice dialing system. I have an accent and the VD is just way off. Another person tried it several times and he did not have better luck. For now, I am settled with no dial and drive but there are times I just have to. Sad. Another basic need not getting sufficient attention by the developer.

When I voice dial I will do as AA stated earlier and say "call (person's name) mobile phone". If you state which number you want (work, mobile, home, etc) then it will dial for you. It is totally dependent on how it is put in your contact list. Not sure what to do if you have someone with multiple mobile or work numbers. But I dial my wife frequently without needing to touch any buttons on the phone after you start voice dial.

hhuangpe, have you changed what language/accent it will use for voice dial. I am not sure where the setting is, but i seem to remember there is a setting somewhere for the language/accent on voice dialing and voice search.

Quote Originally Posted by singleremedy View Post
    New to Ally. I am coming from Env3 and the ability to talk to dial and to call. Is there an app that will allow you to actually place the call. I have voice dial and this 'usually' gets me to the contact from my contats book but then I have to decide on - call, text, e-mail - by touch. This is not conducive to driving safely.

thanks
    I use Direct Dial and it works great.

- Long press a blank area on any home screen

- Select SHORTCUTS

- Select DIRECT DIAL

- Your CONTACTS page will open

- Select entry to be added

- An icon is added to your home screen

- Touch the icon and your call is initiated

I also created a new folder on my main home screen, renamed it to QUICK DIAL and copied my most-used shortcut icons to this folder.

Simple, yet effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-HR-CO View Post
    I use Direct Dial and it works great.

- Long press a blank area on any home screen

- Select SHORTCUTS

- Select DIRECT DIAL

- Your CONTACTS page will open

- Select entry to be added

- An icon is added to your home screen

- Touch the icon and your call is initiated

I also created a new folder on my main home screen, renamed it to QUICK DIAL and copied my most-used shortcut icons to this folder.

Simple, yet effective.

Great tip, Thanks!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links