Alternative Homes?

This is a discussion on Alternative Homes? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I tried Home++ but found it very laggy switching from screen to screen. Do you find that to be the case and\or did you make ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative Homes?

I tried Home++ but found it very laggy switching from screen to screen. Do you find that to be the case and\or did you make any changes to the preferences to help with any lag when switching from screen to screen? I liked Home++ a lot but couldn't stand the lag so I went back to ADW.

TGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I tried Home++ but found it very laggy switching from screen to screen. Do you find that to be the case and\or did you make any changes to the preferences to help with any lag when switching from screen to screen? I liked Home++ a lot but couldn't stand the lag so I went back to ADW.
    Humm, I didn't find it any more choppy than what I experienced with the stock LG or android themes/launchers and it has improved significantly since I have finished uninstalling stuff I didn't want and installed all the widgets (and keep the free memory MB high). I honestly did not go as far with launcher pro so I can't comment on if it is faster (seems to be the consensus). I will say that from what I have read and experienced first hand it appears to be the most efficient at managing resources, is very feature rich, and I LOVE the layout... no problems yet and the performance I have experienced is better than the android or LG themes... and in that light I can't see going back to the stock themes. I do wonder how it will play with the froyo update

I really prefer LauncherPro, but just to give them another shot and form a well-rounded opinion, I tried out the stock LG and Android themes again. When I switched, some Widgets were already on their screens and running. It made me wonder if they have been running this whole time (I can't tell because I also have those widgets running in LP). Like, what if switching the themes merely hid the widgets from view? I deleted the widgets from those screens just in case. I find my free MBs have since increased but who the hell knows if it is that the widgets are no longer running in 2 places, or if it is sheer coincidence? Anything to keep optimum results, right?

BTW, I found the stock LG and Android themes much slower than LauncherPro, still. I also didn't like the layouts so I returned to LauncherPro... quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I really prefer LauncherPro, but just to give them another shot and form a well-rounded opinion, I tried out the stock LG and Android themes again. When I switched, some Widgets were already on their screens and running. It made me wonder if they have been running this whole time (I can't tell because I also have those widgets running in LP). Like, what if switching the themes merely hid the widgets from view? I deleted the widgets from those screens just in case. I find my free MBs have since increased but who the hell knows if it is that the widgets are no longer running in 2 places, or if it is sheer coincidence? Anything to keep optimum results, right?

BTW, I found the stock LG and Android themes much slower than LauncherPro, still. I also didn't like the layouts so I returned to LauncherPro... quickly.

Good point Q. Never really thought about the widgets that were running in the LG and Android theme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links