Alternative Homes?

This is a discussion on Alternative Homes? within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I was just wondering if anyone is using a different home app and if so which is the best one to buy..Ive seen a few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternative Homes?

I was just wondering if anyone is using a different home app and if so which is the best one to buy..Ive seen a few out there with different themes and such but am not really sure which is the best one..

Thanks,

Patrick

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

LauncherPro is great! Cool animations, 3 to 7 screens optional, fast... I like best that I can alter the dock menu making for 5 rows of apps per page.

LauncherPro is a good one. I personally use ADW.Launcher. There is also a couple of other ones, like Helix Launcher, Panda Home, SlideScreen, Home ++, etc. that you could try as well. I've tried almost all of them and I keep coming back to ADW.Launcher as my favorite.

Ok thanks..Ill check them out and see which one I like also

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Is it worth using an alternative home with the limited internal memory we have?

Maybe not, but it hasn't affected the performance of my phone yet so I will keep using one until it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    LauncherPro is a good one. I personally use ADW.Launcher. There is also a couple of other ones, like Helix Launcher, Panda Home, SlideScreen, Home ++, etc. that you could try as well. I've tried almost all of them and I keep coming back to ADW.Launcher as my favorite.

Is there a way to make the ADW Launcher quick keys have five keys instead of just three? I really like the swipe down functionality of ADW pulling down the notifications. I can rarely grab it the first time when grabbing from the top. I use LauncherPro and, as far as i know, it doesn't have the swipe down functionality.

I use ADW.Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Is it worth using an alternative home with the limited internal memory we have?

IMO YES! 3 to 7 screens and customizable dock applications. LauncherPro even allows up to 3 docks. Plus, you can hide those inflate-ware apps from your app drawer. It is very customizable and comes with very cool animations.

TGO
    Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    IMO YES! 3 to 7 screens and customizable dock applications. LauncherPro even allows up to 3 docks. Plus, you can hide those inflate-ware apps from your app drawer. It is very customizable and comes with very cool animations.
    Also, it appears many of the other launchers are more efficient handling memory than the stock LG and android themes. I saw some documentation on another forum and decided to give Home++ a try (I also tried launcher pro)... It is very efficient in handling memory. With the stock themes I was hovering around 20mb free memory +/- ... once I started keeping a better eye on running services I was up to 35-40 MB. With home ++ I typically stay between 50 and 75 MB free available memory during moderate usage. Couple other cool things aboiut home++ drag and drop uninstall, a native manual task/process killer that launches from all of the home screens and is much easier to get to than running services... and wait for it...

Screen shots of the home screens... and my Ally is NOT rooted... I really love it now that I have gotten used to it! Regards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links