Two Great Calendar Apps!

This is a discussion on Two Great Calendar Apps! within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have found two absolutely great calendar apps, IMO MUST HAVES! ...so good that I had to pay-it-forward and share here. First, " Calendar Quick ...

Thread: Two Great Calendar Apps!

I have found two absolutely great calendar apps, IMO MUST HAVES! ...so good that I had to pay-it-forward and share here.

First, "Calendar Quick Add" will allow you to enter events using Voice Entry and/or a Quick Link. The Event entry dialog is much, much better than the standard Calendar app's, especially entering dates and times (time-entry gives soft key numbers instead of scroll up/down! ).

Open "Calendar Quick Add" and choose to speak or type "Lunch with Tom on Tuesday at 2" and the entry is almost completed. It will even enter the coming Tuesday's date and you can choose to have times defaulted as pm. But again, even if it is way off, the event entry is SO much better than the standard calendar app, promise! You can even mark events as Important or Completed which will gray out or embolden the event on the calendar. More on this below.

NOTE: I have found entry is best as [Event Name] [Day] @ [time]. Future dates seem harder to decipher, but really the entry is simple and intuitive.

"Jorte" is a Calendar, Agenda and Tasks & Memo manager all-in-one that syncs with your Google Calendar!! First, the calendar displays text of Events in the dates!! Touching the date goes to a listing of events for that day, displayed one at a time- and each can be easily edited by touching it. (I hated going to your current time of day for that date and having to scroll, like in the Calendar App!) Events can be marked as Important and Completed easily too. Completed task will be grayed-out on your calendar and Important events are emboldened and placed in an Important Events list.

Second, Jorte's customizations are immense! You can change colors of the calendar and thus the Widgets, even the background of days of the week. It includes customizable sizes of Calendar, Agenda and Tasks/Memo Widgets which can be transparent by percentage or opaque! They look very cool on my home screens at 50% transparency! I have one for the next 7 days on my Home Screen which show event texts within the dates, one for Agenda (lists my events by date and title for the next 2 weeks) on another home screen, and one of a full current month calendar with date texts on yet another screen. Very cool!

Finally, Tasks & Memos can be added. IMO this is more than a To-Do list. You can mark them Completed or Important. Completed task will be grayed-out and Important events are emboldened and placed in an Important Events list. They are very easy to enter and update. This is a very useful tool that can be listed on a Home Screen through a Widget that takes you directly to the Tasks & Memos entry screen.

Try them! You'll probably like them!

Q

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I downloaded Jorte awhile back but haven't really used it much. I do like it better than the calendar that came with the phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

I LOVE the Jorte application. I love the widget capabilities and the different choices of views on the home screen. Much more accessible/convenient for me to keep organized in balancing a full-time MBA program with a part-time job as well

highly recommended!

I had jorte for a while and LOVED the widgets but i hardly used the application and since i got gtasks i didnt need the memo task list thing also i didnt like the size of jorte, i wanted an app that didnt take up so much room so i found calwidget and i like the customizing and view of that more

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links