Android Trojan

This is a discussion on Android Trojan within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; This is why I always caution to be careful installing an app that asks for the permission "Services That Cost You Money" http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20013222-245.html...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Trojan

This is why I always caution to be careful installing an app that asks for the permission "Services That Cost You Money"

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20013222-245.html
    Motorola Droid 4

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So far this trojan only affects users in Russia on Russian networks but it is only a matter of time before we have a similar issue.

The Trojan was sending SMS messages without the user knowing about it and the messages were costing several dollars per message.
    Motorola Droid 4

Good find AA, we need to be wary of this and other possible threats.

Members, and readers, take a moment to read something very helpful along these lines.

AA has done the work to make it easy for you right here,... http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/45...ission-groups/

I downloaded a program called "lookout". Its a free anti-virus scanner from the market that scans every download. As long as they keep it updated, might be good protection at minimal memory expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    I downloaded a program called "lookout". Its a free anti-virus scanner from the market that scans every download. As long as they keep it updated, might be good protection at minimal memory expense.

While I agree that an anti virus program is a good idea, it will not prevent something like this from happening. If you were to install this app, you would have to give it permission to send messages.
    Motorola Droid 4

Just as a side note for everyone, I just looked at my first bill after getting the Ally and I noticed that I had been charged for an international text, which surprised me considering I do not know anyone overseas. So I just thought I'd warn everyone that some apps may be doing it here in the states. After I noticed the $.25 charge, I went through all my apps and deleted a bunch which had permissions that they shouldnt have had. Hopefully I have found the culprit!! We shall see.

Thanks for the information. Let us know if you see any other unusual charges.
    Motorola Droid 4

I wont know for about another month, when my bill will come out, but I am hoping that the problem is taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra toucan View Post
    I wont know for about another month, when my bill will come out, but I am hoping that the problem is taken care of.

You can login to your Verizon account online and view the numbers that have been texted during the current month.
    Motorola Droid 4

Why thank you, took awhile but i looked through them all and it looks like they are all domestic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links