Book Reader Apps

This is a discussion on Book Reader Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Both Amazon (Kindle) and Borders (Nook) have eReaders. I use Amazon's Kindle because it doesn't take up as much space as Nook. Nook was something ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book Reader Apps

Both Amazon (Kindle) and Borders (Nook) have eReaders. I use Amazon's Kindle because it doesn't take up as much space as Nook. Nook was something like 17 MB while the Kindle is only 3.6 MB.
    Motorola Droid 4

Ang
    Are you also wanting the books free? I have just started using Laputa. Have you checked that one out? Seems to have a pretty good selection of fairly new free books.

I was looking for the books free also i do like laputa i was just wondering if there were any others out there

I use Aldiko and I like it a lot, but the free domain books are probably the same. There are a lot of lesser-known authors in several categories, too.

New books won't be free.

I personally use Laputa, which works extremely well for me! I have not pursued it too much but so far I have not had any issues.

Aldiko just got a major update! Unfortunately, it has also grown. The Market claims 5.25MB but my phone shows 14.30MB. I might have to shop around for a smaller one. Highlights of Aldiko 2.0 are:

• Supporting ePub and PDF eBook formats, as well as Adobe DRM
    • A new eBook marketplace for you to access eBooks from different booksellers at one place
    • Fully customizable reading experience: font type, font size, font and background colors, margin, alignment, line spacing, brightness, display orientation and navigation control are all adjustable to fit your personal reading preference
    • Rich features including bookmark, dictionary, full-text search, copy and paste, day/night themes, table of content, progress bar, hyphenation support as well as sharing your favorite texts/quotes in a book
    • An advanced library management system which enables you to sort books by different criteria as well as organize books by tags and collections
    • A new import feature which make it even easier for you to transfer all your ePub and PDF files to Aldiko and read them on the go.
    • A “My Catalog” feature which allows you to add your own eBook catalogs
    • Supporting eBooks from public libraries and enabling you to return your borrowed eBooks right within the app

wow seems I am the only one that uses the nook app lol

I enjoy it after trying a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    wow seems I am the only one that uses the nook app lol

I enjoy it after trying a few others.

Now that we have apps2sd I might re-download it. I just didn't have the storage to keep it before. I didn't really give it a good try for that reason only.
    Motorola Droid 4

I have tried kindle, nook, (which does take up a lot of space) a couple other smaller ones and laputa. So far sticking with laputa, its works quite well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links