Book Reader Apps

This is a discussion on Book Reader Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Just finished my first book on Aldiko, and it is fantastic. I never have to touch the screen if I don't want to. Some complain ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Book Reader Apps

Just finished my first book on Aldiko, and it is fantastic. I never have to touch the screen if I don't want to. Some complain about its selection for newer books, but I stick to free domain books anyway. I love writers like Corey Doctorow.

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom was a good read. Try it out.

For imported pdfs (especially protected pdfs) Think Free Office is a lifesaver. Comes free on our ally's and even keeps your spot.

My ally has officially replaced my Kindle.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Futures View Post
    Just finished my first book on Aldiko, and it is fantastic. I never have to touch the screen if I don't want to. Some complain about its selection for newer books, but I stick to free domain books anyway. I love writers like Corey Doctorow.

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom was a good read. Try it out.

For imported pdfs (especially protected pdfs) Think Free Office is a lifesaver. Comes free on our ally's and even keeps your spot.

I've been using Laputa, I really like it. I've not figured out how to load a pdf into it yet though so I'm gonna have to do a bit of research about it. Also, I've never seen the app you mentioned so maybe it was there all along and I failed to notice it. I too stick mostly to free domain for the moment at least, but so far I'm loving having that whole library in my pocket. Though if I'm honest I upped the font size to be better able to see it.

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Futures View Post

Just an FYI, Amazon now has Kindle For Android

They actually show an Ally in the as one of the phones but it is partially blocked by a Driod.
    Motorola Droid 4

Downloaded the Kindle app (It took about 5 tries before it would download) and already purchased two books for $.99. Time Crimes: The Paratime Collection and Fragile and Distant Suns: A Poul Anderson Collection.

I now love my Ally more than before and I don't have to worry about buying a reader!
    Motorola Droid 4

Been reading all the Sherlock Holmes stories on Aldiko. I was able to take the book back to the library and read at my leisure. Which is good cuz "at my leisure" is significantly longer than the library thinks it is.

I have and like Aldiko very much. I am finally going to get through those classics I maybe should have read when I was in the eleventh grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Downloaded the Kindle app (It took about 5 tries before it would download) and already purchased two books for $.99. Time Crimes: The Paratime Collection and Fragile and Distant Suns: A Poul Anderson Collection.

I now love my Ally more than before and I don't have to worry about buying a reader!

I've been using Kindle for a few weeks now too. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by blinky View Post
    I've been using Kindle for a few weeks now too. It's great.

I also downloaded Nook which was released by Barnes & Noble. One thing that I don't like about it is that it is 17.69 MB compared to Kindle which is only 3.59 MB.
    Motorola Droid 4

maybe im too cheap but if i was gonna buy a book i'd have to buy the physical thing... id never buy a book for use on my phone... torrents all the way for me on that side of things (on a side note i only download books to my phone that i previously purchased in physical form... i don't believe in piracy {tho some would argue my actions still count as piracy})

Does anyone know of a free book reader application that has up to date books?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links