Navigation Apps

This is a discussion on Navigation Apps within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; Does anyone use a different navigation app other than the Google Navigation app that came with the phone? I'm wondering if there is one that ...

Thread: Navigation Apps

Does anyone use a different navigation app other than the Google Navigation app that came with the phone? I'm wondering if there is one that will display the speed limit of the road you are on.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I only use Google's. Well, I do when it doesn't reboot my phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post

I too would like a different navigation app, but for different reasons. I hate the voice on it and as far as I can tell you cannot change that. It is way too computerized and I have a difficult time understanding it sometimes. The other day she was telling me to take exit 1D, but it sounded like she was saying 20.

I turned the voice off. It kept interrupting Pandora.
    Motorola Droid 4

I use my Garmin but the Google Navigator oft times gives me better results. It depends where you are I'm thinking.

I don't know if it's just my phone, or the GPS system, but I can never get my location found with any app. I've done the StableGPS calibration method, even did a full reset on the phone, and still no go, and I did all of this in the middle of a corn field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post

very disappointed that I get that too. Used it twice and rebooted both times. had to use the VZ nav on my wifes DARE. Don't read/hear alot of noise about it. Is it not a common issue?

I also tested it against the VZ Nav and it lagged BIG! I would take the exit that the VZ told me to, then maybe 2 seconds later - after the fact, the Google Nav would tell me the same... (hmmm)

Quote Originally Posted by 671 View Post
    very disappointed that I get that too. Used it twice and rebooted both times. had to use the VZ nav on my wifes DARE. Don't read/hear alot of noise about it. Is it not a common issue?

I also tested it against the VZ Nav and it lagged BIG! I would take the exit that the VZ told me to, then maybe 2 seconds later - after the fact, the Google Nav would tell me the same... (hmmm)

The overheating happen enough to be annoying. I am going to try and get me a different car charger, I actually bought the one that Verizon has listed for the LG Ally. I have not had any problems with it lagging other than when I first turn it on and it takes a few minutes to find me.
    Motorola Droid 4

I'm have CoPilot Live but I actually prefer the Google Maps Navigator. I haven't had any issues with GMN. CoPilot does work great though however its not free and you need to connect to wifi to download the maps and POI's as they are very large.

I would put a request into Google for speed limits as a Layer on the Navigation app. That's a good idea. Same with additional voices...I'd be surprised if there wasn't already some development work going on to improve those functions.

I still think that the restart happens if some other app is making data calls while Nav is doing something. I know, it sounds generic, but I just did 1400 miles in 4 days with Nav going almost all the time and saw two restarts. I made a point of killing Twidroyd and turning off data sync before starting Nav, although I might not have been totally consistent with it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links