SD card file management app

This is a discussion on SD card file management app within the LG Ally Apps forums, part of the LG Ally category; What's a good free file management app that doesn't include ads? Thanks........

Thread: SD card file management app

What's a good free file management app that doesn't include ads?

Thanks.....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    ThinkFree Office came installed on the Ally and is a file management app for the SD card. Works perfectly well so I don't bother having any 3rd party ones.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

ThinkFree Office is great! Especially for Google Docs. I am amazed it can not only read, but edit Office docs. It is a great App. However, when moving or editing files, being able to utilize multiple files at once is keen. I use "Linda File Manager." Poor Linda! This app has ads but as long as I've used the App the ad space has read "E-mail Linda to advertise here" (sic). So not quite the answer you sought but close... (I think).

I have an issue with Think Office. Whenever I use it to create a new document, I cannot use capitals or alt. Tried both physical and virtual keyboards.
    Motorola Droid 4

I removed ThinkFree Office in my haste to remove stock apps after I rooted my phone. I forgot that I liked it for the built in file manager and .pdf reading. Don't feel like going through the hassle of unrooting the phone and installing the V8 update again manually so that's why I'm looking for an ad free app. I did try Linda File Manager and liked it very much, but i'm always against ads. I guess it's this built in mentality I have about maximizing my battery life and any ads require data downloading which in theory decrease battery life. When I think about it, I doubt that small amount of data for one of those ads effects my battery life, but 'im just stupid that way. I finally found a simple one though in the market called File Explorer that does the trick.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links